44.

Monroe drove back to the apartment in the jeep that was once Michelle's, seeing Harry's car in the parking lot. She wiped away the last of her tears as they continued to fall as she was driving.

She angrily slammed the door, not only upset at the fact that her friend was gone but because she was disappointed in Harry. She thought he would try, try to make up for lost time with everything that had happened between them.

But he didn't as he was nothing but a coward.

She entered her apartment, seeing Harry's shoes by the door mat, placing her shoes beside his as she closed the door.

She looked up to see Harry on his phone on the couch and usually she'd be happy to see him so as soon as he saw the frown on her face his smile quickly subsided as he looked concerned.

"Hey baby," he said to her but her gaze didn't meet his as she put her keys on the kitchen counter.

"Hi," she monotonously spoke.

"So I was thinking that we could go out for lunch, I heard a new place just opened up," he suggested as he tried to ignore the fact that she sounded so distraught.

"M'not very hungry," she said as she took off her clothes. She was use to his presence now and felt somewhat comfortable in her own skin.

She threw on a baggy t-shirt and some shorts as she threw the clothes she was previously wearing in a corner and took a makeup wipe and wiped her face so she didn't look like a mess anymore with the mascara running down her face.

But regardless she would always be a mess even if she tried to hide the fact that she was.

"What about the movies? We can even watch one of those sappy movies that you love." He wanted to say anything... absolutely anything to make his girl smile but failed at succeeding.

"Don't really want to." She put her hair in a ponytail before climbing into bed, turning her face away from Harry.

"Oh... um, okay yeah okay," he stuttered as she sniffled, trying to fight the tears that were burning her eyes.

"Baby....."

"It's like...." she trailed off as she tried to recollect her thoughts that seemed to be pointless thinking about at the moment. "It's like I want you to hold me but want to kick you out at the same time," she let out a sob but it turned into a hiccup when she tried to change the sob into a laugh.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong is that my friend that was once your friend is gone and you didn't say goodbye to her or apologize."

Harry laughed, a laugh full of humour because he felt as if she had no right to be mad. "Whether I apologize to her or not is none of your concern."

"It fucking is my concern because she is my friend," she snapped as she pulled the covers over her head, not wanting to argue but that's what they did- that's what they were and maybe that's why they were to toxic for each other.

"And she isn't mine- look my only concern is you," he tried to speak as gently as possible.

But that wasn't enough for Monroe as she didn't want to hear him sound somewhat selfless because he wasn't. What happened had nothing to do with her but she felt involved nonetheless.

"Don't turn this around Harry. She was hurt and she obviously tried to hide it-"

"Well then what do you want me to do- go on a plane and go search for her even though I don't know where the fuck she is!?"