48.

The week hadn't been necessarily eventful as the only thing Harry managed to do was mope in his bed all day. Liam constantly asked what happened as soon as he saw a small dented jewellery box in the hallway one day but he wouldn't answer.

Everything he did reminded him of her, the morning breeze, the sun, his bed sheets and how they had a light scent of lavender, her baggy t-shirts she left in his room, her book.

And he just wanted to throw the stuff out to forget about her but he couldn't manage to do so since he had at least the last few things of her that would keep him sane.

Not only was his heart breaking but the sudden call at three in the morning from the hospital made him lose his sanity a bit.

He rushed to the hospital with a heavy heart and weak legs. His hair a greasy mess that was thrown into a bun with dark eyes that resembled the night.

Was this karma? He would ask himself. Is this what I get for breaking the heart of the girl I love?

And as soon as he got to the hospital he would just tell himself that it was nothing, that it was nothing more than a false alarm but he knew he was telling himself lies.

And he was so tired of lies.

And as he got to the room he was dreading to see, to see the body before him pale and low and he wanted to cry because he was losing everything and anything all at once and he didn't know how much he could take.

But he was alive, he was very much alive with a book in his hands although it was a bit difficult for him to hold up.

"Jesse," he croaked as he sat down beside his uncle seeing that he was alive... alive and well.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I got... I got a call... t-they said-"

"Just a false alarm, I'm fine," he assured him but he only shook his head as he rubbed his face. "Harry, you alright?"

But he only shook his head more as his shoulders slumped then shook. He didn't want to cry more than he already had but with everything that was happening he felt overwhelmed.

"I-I can't breathe..." he managed to stutter out as he hung his head low. "I-I can't breathe knowing that she's not with me."

And it was hard for him to show how he was truly feeling, not wanting to show people his vulnerability. But he had to talk about it as he would probably lose his sanity if he kept hiding how he was feeling inside.

On the other hand Monroe had no one to talk to so there was a chance that she could lose every sense she once had.

"I know it's hard, Harry-"

"N-No... no you don't because you got the love of your life and you're the one that told me to leave her." And he knew he was being unfair as the universe really decided everyone's faith and it was his choice to break up with Monroe, no one else's but his.

"You and me both know it's not fair to blame me for this," he whispered quietly although his voice remained sturdy.

Silence.

That's what he had been hearing a lot lately especially when he didn't know what to say.

"Where's Margret?"

"She's out of the country for the week... went to go see her family," he said weakly as he sat up more slowly. "Perfect timing, right?" He laughed but Harry only rolled his eyes.

"S'not funny."

"Just a bit."

"When are you going to tell her?"