34.

A.N warning you advance... I'm just here to say I'm sorry..

"So are you excited about the interview? it's only in a month." Mr. Lewis said as Monroe went in his office to give her articles.

"More nervous than excited if I'm being honest." Monroe had been practicing every day nonstop as she wanted every song she played to be perfect.

Monroe and Harry haven't really been spending time together the past week ever since the I love you incident.

She felt upset that he was so blunt with what he said and of course she believed him.

He of course bought her the small jewel to wear around her finger but he for sure wasn't ready to ask especially because of the terms they were in.

Monroe avoided him as much as possible. She hadn't been to her apartment in a week, sleeping over at Michelle's house, borrowing her clothes.

Harry noticed her actions, of course he had, especially when she had texted him that she was staying with Michelle for a few hours or when she told him not to pick her up.

He gave her the space as he realized she probably needed it especially when she didn't come home.

But today he went over to his uncles company building to give files he forgot at home.

"There's nothing to be nervous about- I mean from what I heard you play- oh Harry."

Monroe's heart froze as she didn't expect to hear his voice so soon.

Harry felt the same, it was weird not seeing each other everyday and... he missed her.

"Hi... Jesse, here's your files," he said as he passed them to him. His heart seemed to quicken once he turned to his love.

Her gaze remained on the desk, avoiding the green pained eyes that searched for hers.

"Hi baby," he whispered quietly as he leaned in to kiss her forehead but she only stumbled back a bit, not only because her boss was right there but because they weren't okay.

"Hi," she said with no emotion whatsoever. She excused herself as she walked out to the elevator.

"Roe," he called out to her as she stopped in her tracks. She turned around to look at him, swallowing thickly doing so as Harry jogged to catch up to her.

"Yeah?"

"I-I." He didn't have the words so he didn't speak at all, grasping her face in his hands as he kissed her.

But she didn't kiss back.

How could she kiss back when the man she was falling for admitted so bluntly that he didn't love her?

But she welcomed his lips nonetheless but she did nothing with hers.

Harry pulled away as he closed his eyes, trying to remove the pain from it.

"I'm at work, Harry. You can't kiss me like that," she whispered quietly, crossing her arms.

He couldn't give a shit if he was in the middle of the hallway where everyone could see them he just wanted them to be okay.

"Where have you been?" He asked as if it hurt to ask.

It did.

It hurt a fucking lot.

"I texted you that I was with Michelle."

"For a whole week?"

It did something to her insides, to see him so hurt and fragile but he felt the same as he continued to hurt her.