23.

As soon as Monroe stepped into her office she knew that Harry would be on her mind the whole day. She was ignorant in asking him such a personal question when she knew he was so kept to himself.

I saw the tear.

My god was I so stupid when I saw the pain in his face when I asked the damn question?

She rubbed her face in frustration as she walked to Mr Lewis' office. "Yeah..... yeah. Don't worry Mags, I'll talk to him after, alright love you bye."

She heard him say but she didn't really think about it, he was probably talking to his wife but who was the him?

Har-

"Ah Walker!" Mr Lewis acknowledged her as she jumped as he called her. "Come on in."

"Here's the articles, I know I'm two days late but I finished them a few days ago and I was going to email them to you but I-"

"It's alright, I realized I put too much stress on you and I deeply apologize for that, but one thing I do not tolerate is missing a work day without calling."

Her face turned a shade of pink, she didn't even comprehend to think that maybe it would make sense to call due to the aftermath of her drunken state.

"I..... I'm so sorry it was just piano- and- college and please don't fire me Mr. Lewis-"

"I'm not going to fire you, Walker but I'm not going to give you a free ride every time you do this, this is the third time."

"-I know I'm sorry."

After she excused herself, she finished up any extra work she had to do and she got to leave early. She didn't hear anything from Harry as she was scared of reaching out to him.

It was going to take some time of course- to rely on someone other than herself. It felt good, but weird. She never met someone that looked like they actually cared about her and all she could think about was the words that constantly repeated.

I adore you

I adore you

I adore you

How could those words warm up a heart so intently.

She hesitantly called Harry's number as it rang two times before it stopped. "Hello?" His voice seemed so small, it didn't seem recognizable.

"Harry?" She called his name hesitantly.

"Roe, baby," he called and her cheeks hurt from blushing so much, or maybe it was the cold from outside.

"Hi, um I finished work early and if you're close by I was thinking that maybe you could pick me up.... if you're busy I can get a ride from Michelle or-"

"Roe, I'm picking you up, okay? I'll be there in five minutes," he cut her off giving her a sad broken laugh and she sighed loudly.

"M'kay, Bye."

"Bye."

As he said, in five minutes she saw his Honda car. As she went inside and looked at him he looked so distraught, with the messy tangled hair, the bloodshot red eyes that mixed in with his green iris'

Didn't someone once say that red and green were each other's complimentary colours?

Then why did it look like such a messy mix?

"Hey."

"Hey," he croaked and the first thing that she could think of, blurted out of her mouth.