17

"Okay?" Harry questioned in confirmation, shocked that Monroe would even sneak a glance at him after what he'd  done.

Monroe wasn't as ignorant as people would assumed she'd be as she mixed up letters and numbers and mixed her n's with her m's and her m's with her n's. But other then that she was wise- naive at times but wise.

She'd notice the little movements Harry would make when he was anxious, how there was small beads of sweat forming on the palms of his hand or how the heel of his foot would firmly be placed on the ground while the top of his foot was anxiously tapping the floor.

She'd take in the eyes of war that battled the many emotions he had consumed, especially in these situations.

Monroe was wise- yes but she observed people and took it for granted. She was naive in a way as she would always see good in someone even if the person was Harry.

A fallen angel that had done nothing but break pieces of her heart bit my bit.

"Yeah." She looked away from the boy with the mess of curls and stared at the grand piano before her, that was intimidating nonetheless.

Harry was clever- there's a difference between the clever and the wise.

Harry could intimidate the person into getting what he wanted while Monroe would observe to know.

He stared at her with big eyes filled with countless emotions, trying to figure her out but for once he couldn't.

He sat down beside her as there was silence filling the empty room as there was no voices to fill it up.

Harry wanted Monroe to look at him, while Monroe wanted nothing more than to be curled up near the fire trying to read a book.

"You played before?" Monroe asked, pouring out the silence the room was once filled with.

She truly didn't want to talk to the manipulator before her but as she hated to admit it, he was the only one that could help her.

Her eyes remained on the floor- or maybe it was the piano- either way she wasn't looking at Harry and he may or may have not felt a slight pain in his chest.

"Yes I did, five years actually."

"You stopped?"

"I didn't continue," he vaguely corrected as he thought there was a difference.

She didn't think that.

There was a difference however as Harry didn't give up on piano he just didn't continue you with it. Why continue when his number one supporter wasn't with him.

Monroe completely gave up, not because there was no one to support her- as there was no one to support her from the beginning but a traumatizing incident happened and a painful memory would flash through her mind as she even looked at the piece of music.

"Why didn't you continue with it?" She asked, even though she had a slight feeling that he wasn't going to tell her.

He shrugged trying to dismiss her, "Didn't see a point."

"Can you play something-"

"No. No I don't... I don't think so."

The sudden no brought Monroe to go back into her clouded and intoxicated mind that told her no good thoughts and lies.

She thought she was stupid

And useless.

And for not thinking about anyone else but herself.