30.

Harry didn't expect to hear those words from her as Monroe accidentally called him when she was talking to Michelle.

He left his face as blank as possible when he was still with Liam but his heart broke a little.

He had to understand that she hadn't received love so it was hard for her to show it but maybe he could be that person to show her love.

He couldn't be mad at her because if she knew why he was mad then she would know that he loved her and he wasn't ready for her to know.

So he had to keep it locked up and show his love in more ways than words.

Monroe saw the black rustic Honda car, the car that had so many stories and went through so many journeys that were so unknown to her.

She went in the car as she felt happy, giddy even to see the man that made her heart flutter.

She kissed him because his lips were addicting as they sat there pink and plump. And he kissed her because he needed reassurance that she would always be there for him and he kissed her because he loved her.

Monroe pulled away, her lips lingering a few distances away from his. He was drawn to her lips as he kept leaning forward like a cricket attracted to light.

She laughed a breathy laugh as she cupped his chin. "Hi Harry."

"Hi baby," he mumbled as he felt warm in her touch. "I missed you."

"I was gone for eight hours," she spoke as her smile grew more prominent.

"Still missed you." She pecked his lips once more before sitting back in the passenger seat as Harry put the gear to drive.

"How was your day?" She asked as he started to drive.

It was going great, he wanted to say.

It was going great and then I found out you didn't love me.

I told my best friend that I loved you.

I love you.

"It was good, spent it with Liam. How are you?" He said instead of the constant thoughts that swarmed his heart and mind.

Why couldn't he turn it off?

"Good, I got to finish my articles today and I'm so fucking relieved because I've been stressing for weeks and your uncle gave me a week off to work on the piano."

He forgot that her heart was dedicated to the piano as he knew she was trying to leave New Jersey.

Leave him.

"So you're set on college."

"Yes... I mean, I don't know... yes I want to go to college but New Jersey is all I've known it'd be weird to give that up."

Not one word did she utter his name or him in general as Harry waited to hear it but was left with another piece of his heart broken.

She was okay leaving him, she would be okay.

But would he?

"That's.... that's nice." What could he say when all she was doing was breaking his heart without even knowing it?

It was hard as she was just a naive girl.

"Mhm. So I was thinking maybe you could teach me that song you sang me and I could practice that with a bunch of others-"

"Monroe-"

"-and then maybe I could learn the song you sang me to sleep-"

"Baby-"