15.

Monroe stared at the file across from her that she  retrieved from Mr Lewis just a couple hours before hand.

He said to take a look at it but what if that one look made her think of endless possibilities and thinking of endless possibilities meant that she actually thought she held a good future for herself.

She groaned before shoving the file under her bed, not being able to look at the thing much longer.

As soon as she put the file down all she could think of was her playing the piano again. She smiled at the thought but then she shuttered at it.

The melody of the notes could easily put you at ease but it could contrast into something darker and deeper. All her dark thoughts could consume the way she played the melody for she had no tune of happiness in her mind.

"Stop with the noise you're giving me a headache," he groaned.

He said this to her at least twice a day and she never listened. He could tell her to do a multi load of things but to stop playing wasn't one of them.

She continued to play as she delicately touched each key. This was the time she didn't have to hide anything, not even her pale skin that showed the colours of the rainbow.

She resisted the urge to touch the file before going in the kitchen to make something to eat. She was feeling faint and she knew that's what Harry was warning her about when she didn't eat the other day.

Did he care? Was what came to her mind when she thought of him. Did she mean so little to him that he would just walk away from her and leave her door unstained?

Before a tear could even leave her eye she exhaled shakily before putting on some music to help her mind ease a bit; letting it go blank for awhile by just hearing a sound to divert her attention.

She ate the left over samosas in her fridge before getting to work on her fourth article. She had two left, thankfully and if she took her time she could get it done by next week.

After spending a good couple of hours doing her work she felt like she had absolutely nothing to do. Part of her should have already been used to this but the other part is still getting used to do doing nothing again.

She decided to go for a walk to the grocery store, despite the weather, when she heard a knock from the door.

She tilted her head for a second, momentarily questioning who'd be at her door if no one knew where she lived. she shook her head, walked to the door and opened it, surprised to see who was on the other side.

"Michelle?" She questioned quietly and she gave her a small nervous wave.

"Um, hi... can I... can I come in?" She asked her and she blinked several times, still shocked before speaking.

"Um. No, no you can't-"

"It'll only take a second, please...." She hesitantly nodded before making a way for her to come in. "So this is your secret haven, am I right?"

Monroe shrugged. "I guess you could call it that." She guided her to sit on the couch as she did so. "So um... what did you want... like um, what did you want to talk about?"

Michelle exhaled before looking at her. "Two things. One is that I'm sincerely sorry about what happened. It really wasn't my intentions to leave you like that and I was high and.... and drunk-"