36.

Three words.

It took three words for him to shut her out and it took three words for both of them to crumble.

She didn't even get to say the three words as he interrupted her from destroying his heart completely.

Maybe the problems are the I love you's that make things a bit harder.

Harry felt numb and not even because of the alcohol as he hadn't intoxicated his body since the day where everything began to get fucked up.

It's been five days. Five days since he had seen his love, five days since he broke her heart; along with his.

Five days.

After Liam told him to go inside that night, he felt different- like a piece of him was ripped out and it was harder to breathe.

For a split second it felt like he lost his mind as he punched the wall out of anger, his knuckles turning more bloody than they already were.

Liam asked him what happened as he shut him out for four days, avoiding him and telling him to fuck off, even though he knew he didn't deserve it.

By day four he told him what happened as his body shook and his chest ached and he felt like he was going to collapse because he loved her and she loved him but he didn't tell her.

He realized that he was scared to tell her, scared to be vulnerable in her eyes, scared of showing his emotions.

So now it had been five days as his hands were wrapped and repairmen were at the house, fixing the wall.

He hadn't been going to work, using some of his vacation days as he had so many from not using them.

Even if he didn't go to work and didn't get along with his uncle, he still got payed by him.

It's not like money can fill the void of love.

"I think you should get out the house- you know without getting drunk or high... or just fucking up in general." Liam was a pretty understanding guy but the way he treated Monroe was something he wouldn't agree with and it pissed him off.

"Fuck off," he mumbled as he made himself a bowl of cereal, pretty much the only thing he knew how to make.

"Fuck off? I thought we were passed that?"

"Not if you keep fucking annoying me."

Liam sighed out loud, as he rubbed his face in frustration. "Why don't you go apologize?"

"Apologize?" He laughed mockingly as he said something so idiotic. "You want me to apologize for breaking her heart, for yelling at her? I don't fucking think so."

"You can at least try."

"Sorry is nothing but a word."

Harry rummaged the cabinets looking for a bottle of beer.

"What are you looking for?"

"'My fucking pants," he sarcastically spoke before rolling his eyes. "I'm looking for beer."

Liam, fed up with him, took the bottle away and threw the liquid down the sink before he could drink it.

"What the fuck is-"

"You're really drinking right now? Especially after Monroe yelled at you for doing so."

"Monroe is not my problem anymore and I'm not hers so fuck. Off."

"Regardless that you fucked up the best thing that has ever happened to you, you should at least do her the favour of staying true to your word."

"Yes! You know what? You're right. She was the best fucking thing that has ever happened to me!" He threw his bowl in the sink angrily as he had enough of the constant reminder of her.