43.

A.N I'm so sorry for the delay

"You're really going to start crying now? I'm here for three more days, don't depress me."

Monroe laughed shakily as she wiped the streams of tears that had been constantly cascading down her face for the past five minutes. "I-I'm I'm sorry." 

Michelle was leaving in a few days to start traveling but it had been hard for the both of them as they weren't ready to depart and say goodbye.

She was there when Monroe needed her and although they were complete opposites with Michelle being positive and always smiling with colours that represented the bright skies and fireworks that seemed to be so sporadic but colourful and beautiful at the end.

Monroe was the opposite of that and she needed someone like Michelle so she didn't feel like she was drowning.

They were currently on the road going who knows where- kind of how Monroe felt about her future.

"Three days and then you can drop me to the airport and then take my car with you," she joked but deep down she felt her insides break a little but not because she was broken but because she had to depart from a friend that needed her.

Michelle thought about Harry, not because she had any feelings towards him in a romantic sense but because they were friends once upon a time, before Monroe, before the sex, before things got fucked up with their first kiss.

Because if Harry hadn't avoided her ever since he started 'dating' Monroe, if he hadn't had sex with Michelle while he was drunk and wasted, if he hadn't fucked up their friendship with that first kiss that led them to a motel they still would have been friends.

And she missed that- she missed just simply going to play pool and talking. It didn't even have to be about their problems because when they got together they got away from their problems.

But now Harry hadn't talked to her since the day Michelle was at the apartment with Monroe after their hangover and she missed him.

She missed him but she was also angry. Angry at the fact that the friendship they had for a couple of years now went down the drain because of sex.

And she let him use her body just so that they could have some type of connection but their friendship didn't even seem to progress after the first time they had sex as after the first time it was just sex and nothing more.

Why were relationships so complicated?

She tried to forget that pain she felt anytime Harry was mentioned because she wanted to see her friend happy and if it meant that she had to hide how she felt then so be it.

But not today.

"I rather have you then your car, Michelle," Monroe said as she wiped away the last of her tears.

"Can I ask you something?"

Monroe nodded her head immediately, "yeah of course."

"Does... does Harry ever talk about me?" She asked as her gaze was kept on the road ahead of her as Monroe's eyes that were once focused on the road now focused at the side of her face as she was shocked by her question.

A bunch of thoughts popped in her brain but she didn't want to jump to the conclusion that she had feelings for him.

"Um... well... I-I- not really," she spoke quietly but honestly as she scratched the back of her head awkwardly.

Michelle's heart sunk. It was sad that she felt like she wasted years of friendship on Harry and she tried to find the positive outcomes in their friendship but she couldn't think of any as they went from strangers to friends to fuck buddies and back to strangers and she couldn't do that anymore.