13.

Monroe woke up at twelve that afternoon, completely shocked that she would wake up so late. Today was her day off but even if it wasn't she would stay home, she didn't want to go back to work after what happened yesterday.

She looked at her wrist to see that it was completely bruised with secondary colours mixing together. It hurt, a lot but she didn't want Harry to know that it hurt so much so she did what she usually did.... she kept quiet. She rather silently suffer in pain than to go on about it and discourage Harry.

she got up from her bed and got ready for the day by then it was one thirty so she made a cup of coffee and sat on her couch to work on her articles. It was stressful- the work that was put on her. She didn't think she deserved special treatment but Mr Lewis knew her condition and the least he could have done is took a workload off of her. She didn't complain, though- She couldn't complain or she would come off as ungrateful and she was anything but that. If it wasn't for the job she was given who knew where she would be, maybe homeless, dying. where would a girl go with no parents and no loved one to run to.

Monroe didn't realise how much energy she was lacking since all she had was a cup of coffee and haven't eaten since last night. By five she heard the door knock and she got up, close to stumbling into a wall. She checked the peephole to see Harry.

She opened the door for Harry to immediately kiss her. She melted into the kiss for a couple of seconds before pulling away in shock. "Well hello to you too," she smiled tiredly.

He gazed at her whole body before frowning as she looked down at herself. What was he looking at? Was I too skinny, were my breast too small?

"Have you been eating?" He asked her and she wanted to scream all at once.

I was too skinny.

It wasn't good enough- I wasn't good enough.

"Um, why?" She shifted uncomfortably.

"You look pale, when was the last time you ate?"

She stared at the ground before speaking. "I-I um, I had coffee."

"That wasn't my question." He walked into her apartment and took off his shoes to go to the kitchen. She sighed and closed the door, praying he wouldn't start yelling.

"I had all these articles to do and I couldn't really focus on the eating part," she spoke quietly and she could see his jaw clenching, his hands curled into fists. He was angry but he was trying to hold it in- for her, he was holding it in.

She walked into the kitchen and held his face so he could look at her. "I'm going to go back to work." Before he could interject she put a finger on his lip. "And you, are going to make me a sandwich," she compromised.

"Fine," he grumbled, still obviously mad at the fact that she wasn't eating. He removed her hands from his face as he brushed me off and she felt hurt towards the fact that he did that.

"I'm sorry, Harry. Time went by faster than I expected and I kept putting it off because I need to finish everything before the third week of March a-and it's stressful," she ranted. "I didn't do it on purpose," she mumbled as she walked back to her bed with a frown evident on her face and continued to work.

He didn't talk to Monroe for a good hour and the silence was agonizing. Each passing minute was another minute of her going deeper and deeper into her thoughts. "Can you please just say something!" She said, the voices in her head getting to her as she was getting swallowed up in misery.

"What's with you and silence?" He asked and she looked at him with fear slightly in her eyes. She swallowed nervously as she shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about."