28.*

"S'not as bad as I thought," Harry said with a mouthful of the sausage. He didn't like to admit that he was wrong but it really was good.

"Told you," Monroe sang to tease Harry.

After they finished cleaning up, while whipping each other with rags and spraying each other with the hose, Harry begged Monroe to go out as he had a few plans to do a couple of things but of course she was reluctant as she wanted to stay in her home which was safe and warm.

But after many pleads and such she rolled her eyes and said yes as the constant begging was driving her nuts.

He kissed her lips briefly. "You won't regret it baby, I promise."

"Mm, I better not." She put her jacket on as he grabbed the snapback that she stole from him and put it on her head.

He liked Monroe wearing his stuff whether he liked to admit it or not.

As they descended to the car he could only think about what had happened only a few hours before.

A billion questions popped into his head.

How long had she been in debt?

How much did she owe?

Would I be able to give her the money?

How did her parents-

"Harry, you okay?" Monroe asked as his face looked so lost in thought, almost pale like.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine," he told her even though he wasn't. How could his girl go through so much as she barely hit age twenty one.

Monroe didn't like the answer as his eyes told a different story. She stopped the elevator in its track before facing Harry.

"Why did you stop the-"

"What's going on Harry?" She asked.

She had to ask this question a lot as he didn't like to express himself.

"Nothing," he lied as it was simple for a lie to slip from his tongue. But Monroe slowly caught along as she could tell at times when he was lying to her or not.

Sometimes not always.

"Bullshit," she murmured as she stepped closer to him.

She knew what he was thinking about, considering that she did tell him something big.

"Look I don't want to burden you with my problems-"

"-why would you think that you would bother me? I'm supposed to be there for you am I not?"

"I don't know this is all so new to me... having someone to rely on and I feel like if I open up you'll run off."

She was scared, which was completely normal. Monroe never really had anyone to comfort her or anything so to have Harry now was foreign.

Harry looked at the girl before him, tracing her rosy cheeks that almost seemed so natural.

He adored her, my god was he entranced by her beauty and her aura, everything about her he loved...

Wait-

It was like Harry's eyes widened in surprise as his thoughts were suddenly pieced together.

It was too soon to love her, he thought.

But does love depend on time?

"Hey baby I care about you," he said softly as his lips hovered over hers. "I care about you so much and nothing absolutely nothing will make me leave you."