0.2

Zane sat down in the back of the classroom, this year he had decided to actually talk to his table partner, now he was just hoping that it would be someone who at least was a little cool. He scouted around the room to see if somebody was heading for the seat next to him.

Suddenly a pair of girls came through the door. He looked at them hoping that none of them were gonna sit next to him. But apparently the world was against him, cause one of the girls with bright pink colored hair came to sit next to him. He sighed annoyed, how was he gonna get to know any of these fools.

"Hi!" She said as she sat down.  

"Hello..." Zane mumbled. 

He knew he had to try, he just didn't know how to approach it.
"Don't look so unsatisfied, mister," she said and crossed her arms. Zane didn't answer, but just stared up on the board. 

"Look at Kawaii~Chan when she's talking to you!" Zane turned to look at her. 

"Better?" He asked. 

"Yes, now what's your name? Kawaii~Chan's name is Kawaii~Chan," she said. 

„Zane," he answered. 

"That'll be Zane Kun then." It was first now he got a good look at her. She had beautiful amber eyes, fluffy black ears and tail.

"Now class!" The Teacher's voice quickly became a blur under Zane's thoughts. He looked up to the front where his brother was sitting, he got a girl too. It looked like he was desperate to get the girls attention, she didn't look much for conversation though, just playing with one of his pencils. Zane smiled evilly.

"Okay, this year we'll start harsh off with a group project, but because I'm sweet, and because it's your first day, I'll give you the freedom to choose your own partner," the teacher said. Zane looked up at Vylad, no he couldn't work with him... The girl next to him raised her hand up. 

"Miss Denver," the teacher said. 

"Can we work with students from other classes?" She asked. She was weirdly not wearing the traditional school uniform, instead she was wearing very tight black jeans and a very big T-shirt for some band that probably was too emo, even for Zane. Zane hated to admit it, but she was sorta cool

"No, you have to work with a person from your class." The girl rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. 

"If there are no more questions, there  is twenty minutes of the class left, so I'll give you time to mingle or get a partner. 

He could feel Kawaii~Chan stand up next to him. Zane wasn't getting any of that, no he was just going to sit and read, while figuring out how to get friends while being an introvert to the degree he was. 

Would it count if he became friends with somebody he already knew? Like one of his brothers friends? He could imagine Garroth coming home at Christmas, finding out he had stolen all of his friends. He would probably not care though. And since his brothers friends already knew (and hated) him, that would of course also be harder that way. 

The next thing Zane thought of was the internet, did that count? But how would he do that? He didn't want to end up in the claws of some creep. 

No, people from school, that was better, maybe some freshman or something? They certainly didn't know him, but no, freshmen are too jumpy and not cool. Maybe he should just give up and over for the pressure. 

Zane opened his book and stared at the page. It was actually not the page he had gotten to, but rather a random page in around the middle of the book, that Zane had read awhile ago. Zane never really got to the right page, just kept reading the same line on that page over and over again.

Maybe some people are better of alone.

-------------------

the struggle is real, I guess