1.3

Zane could hear Chloe laugh as he fell on his butt for the tenth time.

'"I'll never learn it!" He said.

"Yeah, you're right," Chloe said and skated up on his side. "You're a lost cause." He gave her a look.

"Where did you two learn to skate like that anyway?" He asked and took Kawaii~Chan's outstretched hand for help. 

"Ice hokey," Chloe answered and followed them towards the benches on the sides of the court. 

"Kawaii~Chan thought Chloe Sama hated sports," Kawaii~Chan said and let go of Zane, he stumbles trying to get his footing.  

"Yeah but my brother was already on a team and, well, I guess I liked the idea of shoving people around," Chloe said. 

"What about you Kawaii~Chan?" Zane asked and slowly glided to safety. 

"Kawaii~Chan came here her whole childhood to skate," Kawaii~Chan said and carefully helped Zane sit down. He started taking off his skates.

"Now, no more chit chatting, time to run down some newbies!" Chloe quickly left.

"If Zane Kun becomes hungry, there are some cookies left in the bag,'' Zane made sure she was gone, before greedily ripping up the bag and taking the cookies, only to find that it was empty.

He angrily curled the empty rapper into a ball and threw it out on the ice. There it just lied, until a sudden wind carried it out of Zane's sight.
Zane was fascinated by how differently the girls skated. Chloe kept falling, probably because she insisted on going 30 miles/hour, but unlike Zane, she always got up and continued.

Kawaii~Chan, on the other hand, was very careful not to fall and almost inhabited her fairy like form again. Zane could use hours watching the two of them.
Zane wasn't at all sorry that he couldn't be out there with them. Zane had always been happy just watching, whether it was his brothers doing something or in class, Zane had always been in the background, standing, smiling silently to himself.

''Uh, Zane?''
A questioning voice managed to pull through.
He didn't recognize it until he heard Chloe say the name of the person the voice belonged to.

''Chris, bro, what are you doing here?'' She said clenching her teeth.

''I...'' he didn't get any further.

''Zane, I'll handle this, Kawaii~Chan seems to have disappeared, will you go find her?'' She didn't look at him, but waved him away from the scene. And it was true, Kawaii~Chan had disappeared and was nowhere to be seen.

Zane stood up, and Chloe must not have noticed that he wasn't gone, cause the two of them started talking silently.

''So, what do you want?'' Chloe asked calmly.

''Since you left, mom's condition has gotten worse.''  He sounded frightened and desperate for his sisters help.

''Yeah, right, her very serious 'condition',"Chloe's sharp note of sarcasm was striking. ''And, I am not moving back into that house!'' Then Zane ran, nearly slipping and falling on the newly swept ice.

Chloe had run away from home? Were was she living now? Did Kawaii~Chan know about this? Zane's mind quickly filled with question of his new discovery.

"Is Zane Kun okay?" Kawaii~Chan was suddenly standing in front of him. All he could do was stand and stare aimlessly at her. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion of what was happening.
"Zane I can explain!" Zane turned around to see Chloe running towards him.