0.5

Weeks went on and the small group became closer and closer and so did the group project hand-in deadline. 

"It's almost creepy how your reputation can have that big of an effect on how people treat you," Chloe said, she was laying on Kawaii~Chan's bed, with her head upside down. 

"What does Chloe Sama mean?" Kawaii~Chan asked. 

„Well, I've been hanging out with you guys for two weeks now, and I don't know, people look at me differently now, I guess" she explained. 

"Wow, thanks for the guilt trip," Zane said without looking up from his book. 

"Remember, it was my choice I chose to hang out with you," Chloe said and sat up.

"You still just said that we are unpopular," He said. 

"There is a reason why people look at us like we are losers, and it's because we are." She said it like it was something to be proud of. 

"Kawaii~Chan doesn't think that it's a good idea to talk yourself down like that," Kawaii~Chan said. 

"I appreciate the effort, but let's be real here, an emo, a punk and miss walking candyfloss here, in which world would we not be losers?" She said.

"In a kind world," Kawaii~Chan said.

"Well, good thing we don't live in that world, then. I have to go now, remember: presentation on Monday."

That left Zane and Kawaii~Chan alone. 

„Does Zane Kun think that we are losers too?" Kawaii~Chan asked. 

"Let's just say that we aren't the coolest of all people on the school," Zane said. While it went against his nature, he was trying not to be too harsh. 

"Oh, okay" She said. 

"Kawaii~Chan can I ask you a... personal question?" He asked with caution, he hoped this wasn't gonna make it awkward. 

„Of course Zane Kun!" She answered. 

"Kawaii~Chan... where's your dad?" 

Fuck, he made it weird. He's such an ass.

There was silence, not awkward silence, thinking silence.
"Kawaii~Chan's papa is dead," She said, she seemed sorrowful, but she held her head high. 

"Oh," Zane said. 

"It happened when Kawaii~Chan was 7 years old, Kawaii~Chan's papa was out buying a birthday present for Kawaii~Chan's mama when a car, driving... over the speed limit... drove him down..."
Kawaii~Chan started to tear up, she took a deep breath before continuing. "He was three days in the hospital before h-he died." 

She started crying. Zane just sat there staring at her, the internal panic eating him up. He didn't know how to deal with a crying girl! 

So he decided to get up and sit next to her. "I'm so sorry about that," Zane said.   

"Thanks Zane Kun." She said and forced a smile, albeit very sad. He was surprised to find his hand moving up to her cheek to dry away a tear. 

When he discovered what he was doing, he quickly pulled away.

"So what to do now?" Zane sheepishly asked. "Kawaii~Chan has an idea," She said and tried to give him a mischievous glare, but failed. 

"What is it?" He asked. 

"Okay, so right now Chloe Sama is on a date," Kawaii~Chan said. 

"I don't like where this is going," Zane said.

"Don't worry, Zane Kun. Spying on your friend while they are on a date is totally harmless," she said and gave him a big smile. 

„If you say so... Who is she on a date with?" He asked. 

"Uhh, Chloe Sama didn't tell Kawaii~Chan," she said. "But whoever it is, Kawaii~Chan ships it!" 

"You ship somebody without knowing who they are?" Zane said. 

"Yep!" Kawaii~Chan said happily.

* * *

It was 5 pm, Kawaii~Chan and Zane were sitting behind a conveniently giant plant, waiting for Chloe to arrive. Kawaii~Chan was holding a pair of binoculars, while Zane was lazily eating chips. 

"Want some?" He asked. Kawaii~Chan slowly took a few while still looking around the restaurant. 

„Wow you really take this shipping thing really serious," Zane said. 

"Be quiet! Kawaii~Chan-„ She stopped. "I SEE HER!" She said. 

"Great, can we go now?" He asked and curled the empty bag of chips into a little ball and threw it, trying to hit the trash can.

He missed. 

"Actually, Zane Kun might be interested in this," She said and handed Zane the binoculars. 

"There the table by the widow," Kawaii~Chan said. 

"She's on a date wit ha girl?" He said. 

"Don't sound so surprised Zane Kun! They can hear you!" Kawaii~Chan whispered. 

"Who? You know what it doesn't matter, what I don't get is why she didn't just tell us," Zane said and let the binoculars fall. 

"Well, maybe she was afraid of being bullied, like Kawaii~Chan is," She said.

---------------------------