0.6

Class had just ended and the three friends was sitting under a tree on the outside area, it had kinda become their spot. Zane had never had a spot with anyone before. 

The presentation went fine, but a little awkward. Chloe sighed. "So, How did my date look from the sidelines?"

"You know about that?" Zane asked. 

"It was a convenient giant plant, but no matter how big a plant is, it's never enough to hide a Fangirl," she said. 

Kawaii~Chan looked embarrassed. Chloe seemed awfully relaxed about the situation, she just ran her hand through her hair, and rested her head against the tree. 

"Kawaii~Chan is sorry," Kawaii~Chan said. 

"Nah, It's okay," she said in response. "I forgive you, both of you!" 

"Come on, I wasn't in on the idea!" Zane said. 

"I know, you're not into that kinda stuff, but you still followed her" Chloe said, Kawaii~Chan looked very confused. 

"Uh, what do you mean by that?" Zane asked and turned around the tree to face her. 

"She wanted you to go with her, and even though you didn't want to be a part of it you let her control you" She said, and smirked. 

"I didn't let her control me!" Zane argued. 

"Then why didn't you say no when she wanted you to go with her?" Zane had know idea what she was babbling about, but she seemed to be teasing him. Suddenly he noticed that a girl was heading over to them, it was the girl who Chloe was on a date with, she scrambled to try and look presentable.

"Okay guys, keep cool Alex is coming, especially you Kawaii~Chan" Chloe said, she look genuinely insecure. 

"Hey Chloe," Alex said. 

"Hey Al," Chloe responded. "These are my friends, Zane and Kawaii~Chan." 

"Nice to meet you," She said and smiled. 

"Chloe... Can i talk to you for a second, Alone." She said. She gave Zane a once-over, but kept her polite attitude. 

"Sure," Chloe said and followed her friend past the tree. 

"Aren't you gonna follow them?" Zane asked. 

"No, Kawaii~Chan wants to prove to Chloe Sama that her shipping needs doesn't come before their friendship," She said. 

"Whatever you say," Zane said and continued reading in his book. But Kawaii~Chan kept looking over to where they went and sighing, it was bugging Zane. 

"Okay, we are going now," he then gripped Kawaii~Chan wrist and dragged her after him. She just smiled and followed.

As they neared the place the girls went to, Kawaii~Chan got more and more excited. 

"Oh my god, Kawaii~Chan's ship is gonna sail," She said. 

"Yada, yada," Zane said. 

"Zane Kun, what if they're kissing..." Zane stopped, and considered the possibility. 

"What's wrong Zane Kun?" Kawaii~Chan asked. 

"Nothing," he said and continued walking. 

He started wondering what his brother was doing right now, Probably getting a lot of friends and becoming very popular. Would he be proud?
Not like it mattered. Why would Zane care what his brother thought of him? 

Because he almost felt bad about treating his brother so awful. Suddenly he was about to stumble over a person who was sitting on the ground, it was Chloe.

She was staring blankly into nothing. 

"Chloe Sama!" Kawaii~Chan said surprised. 

"Hey KC" Chloe said. 

"What Happened?" Zane asked. 

"Well, Alex told me that she just wanted to be friends," She said and looked at them. 

"Is Chloe Sama okay?" Kawaii~Chan asked. 

"Yeah, I'm totally fine," she answered, and stood up.  

"Hey!" The three heard a voice. In front of them was a tall guy. 

"Something crazy is going down in front of the school." The three wasn't use to people talking to them, so they froze not knowing what to say. 

"O-okay, we'll check it out," Chloe said glaring over at Zane for a moment.

When they got to the place a circle of people was gathering, and as they were fighting through the mass of people, Zane started to get a glimpse two people in the middle. One of them was Vylad. As the thought reached him, his jaw fell and it was like he saw his life in third person. He could hear Kawaii~Chan's distant voice. 

"Oh god," she said, and he felt Chloe's hand on his shoulder. He was getting beaten up. His brother, no not just his brother his baby brother, it was his job to protect him and to look after him. 

A guy had his foot on Vylad's chest holding him down. While the guy kept hitting him. Again and again, over and over. Zane tried to come to his rescue, but he could feel a strong grip in his shoulder keeping him back.

A tear fell from his eye. Zane wasn't the big crier, at least not when people saw it. But now he didn't care. He closed his eyes and let his head fall loose so his chin was resting on his chest. It seemed like forever for him to be done. But finally he lifted his boot from Vylad's chest. Zane couldn't avoid noticing how he was smiling, how he was smiling when he gave his friends a high five and left the circle. It took awhile for the other people to leave, but as soon as they were gone, Zane ran to Vylad's side. 

"Vylad!" He yelled out. His nose was bleeding, blood stains on his clothes. 

"Hi big bro," Vylad said. His voice was weird and distant, as if he was about to faint, but he didn't. Zane could feel a hand on his shoulder again, he shook it off.

"What did you get yourself into," he asked. 

"I needed to protect-" his brother said and made a somewhat pathetic try to sit up.   

"Come on, let's go home," Zane said and helped him up.

Chloe and Kawaii~Chan, followed them without really saying a word. Suddenly out of nothing, when they were about to reach the old church, Kawaii~Chan asked.

„What's wrong Chloe Sama?"

Instead of answering Kawaii~Chan, Chloe turned and looked at Zane.

"It was my brother who did it." Her words filled Zane entirely and Zane thought he saw Vylad's eyes light up in fear.

-------------------------