2.2

Zane was starting to think that Kawaii~Chan finally fell asleep. But it hurt him to see her beautiful eyes sad like that, and her cheeks stained grey by tears. 

Chloe had been standing, a melancholic stare, looking out the window for an hour now, and Zane was starting to wonder if she was crying and trying to hide it.

It was weird to be in room with a dead person, and even weirder when it was Kawaii~Chan's mom. It scared Zane that the two of them looked so alike, from the right angle, it could almost look like it was Kawaii~Chan lying there, dead, passed on.

Zane clutched Kawaii~Chan closer to him and her red eyes opened tiredly. She instantly started crying again.

"So, how does the offer of running away sound now?" Chloe looked down at him, the sound of her foot tapping up and down echoed off on the empty walls of the hospital.

Kawaii~Chan looked pending at him, as if she was expecting for him to answer for her.

Zane thought it through, was he ready to let go of his family? Zane would let go of his dad at any given day, but his brothers, his mom? 

"I... don't know," Zane said. Kawaii~Chan looked down as if she was disappointed in him, and Chloe turned around to stare out the window again.

"Maybe," he said.

"Maybe doesn't count Zane, it's a yes or no question!" Chloe said and turned around again, and there was indeed tears in her eyes. "Either you're in or you're out, what do you choose?" 

Chloe was trying to hide the tears behind harsh words. A look in her eye, he recognized too well.

There was a time in his life, when he would have never imagined Chloe crying, but now it seemed almost natural. A little too natural. Like she'd been crying all her life.

And almost as an impulse, an instinct, Zane said "yes."

Chloe looked at him as if she was proud of his decision, and Kawaii~Chan forced out a weak smile.

"So, when are we leaving?" Zane asked. He was still surprised by his, rather, impulsive decision.

"As soon as the funeral has found place." Chloe's eyes descended to the floor.

The room was dead silent, only Kawaii~Chan's quiet sobs were heard.

Minutes went by like hours of pure silence, but were suddenly broken off by Chloe's phone ringing, she was very carefully ignoring it until it started ringing for the third time, then she got so annoyed, she threw the phone across the room.

It hit the door with a loud slam.

"Crap!" Chloe yelled and hid her head in her hands, to Zane's surprise she started sobbing.
Kawaii~Chan slowly got up and sat down by her side, her legs were wobbly.

"It's okay Chloe Sama, it's all gonna be okay," she said and carefully patted her back. Now it was Zane's time to be the strong.

"Do... Do you have the car?" Zane asked, his voice was raspy. Chloe looked up at him and dried her eyes.

"Not yet, but my guy will deliver soon, and then we'll be out of here," she said and stood up. Her look was stern and she looked surprisingly strong.

---------------