1.1

"Zane..." Vylad said and knocked. It was morning and Zane hadn't come to breakfast. He knew that if he didn't leave now he would be late for school. 

"I understand if you don't wanna come out" he stopped talking, Zane could hear him sigh from the other side of the door. "Just-" he seemed to give up mid sentence. "What should I tell Kawaii~Chan and Chloe?" He asked. 

"Just tell them I'm sick." Zane said. 

"Okay, be safe, I guess" he said and left. Zane and Vylad had a nasty fight the night before. Zane blamed him for everything because he didn't say no to their parents. Now he regretted ever even indicating that it was his fault. Zane slammed the head into the door, but soon he regretted that too. He rubbed his head in pain and crawled up to his bed. He had no intentions on coming to school, he needed time to not think, to read, to distract himself from his life. 

Zane pulled out his book, but as soon as he looked at it, he got that feeling again, he couldn't get himself to read. Maybe it was because it was the last chapter. He knew that he couldn't just forget about it, at some point he would need to finish the book.It wouldn't be fair just to leave there collecting dust with other books that he hadn't finished.

He threw the book across the room. 

It was suppose to make him feel better, to make him forget about his life, but instead it reminded him that he couldn't run from the truth. 

"Stupid book..." he mumbled and crossed his arms, for a few minutes he just sat in that position, thinking of what to do now. That's when his stomach started rumbling, Zane was never big on breakfast, but right now he seemed to be craving it, so he left his bed. 

He opened the door and was about to go down the stairs when he saw Garroths room out the corner of his eye, and for some reason his legs started moving towards that room, instead of going downstairs. 

The door opened with that little sound, that it sometimes made, Zane had missed that sound, it had vanished from his life now that his brother was gone. 

He had always told Garroth to fix the door, because it annoyed him every time Garroth opened or closed the it. Zane let a tear escape his eye, at any other day he would have wiped the tear away as quickly as possible and forgotten about, but today was different, this was the day of tears, of pain, and of being miserable. 

How could he be so stupid? If he couldn't even live without one brother, how would he be able to live without two? He had been so desperate to get rid of them, to be alone, that he had gotten used to their company.

He looked around the room, it all seemed so empty now that Garroth was gone. No computer on the desk, no colorful duvet on the bed, no posters for weird looking bands that Zane didn't know. He walked over to the window, there was their backyard. 

They had enjoyed playing there when they were children. The swing was still there, hanging in the tree, covered up by snow. It was originally red, but the sun turned it a weird pink color.

Zane laid down on the bed and stared up into the ceiling, he remembered, they painted it white when they moved in, before it was wood. He remember being amazed at how the white made the room look bigger, brighter. As he laid there, he forgot all about life, all about food and his parents and how to move, how to breath, so he held his breath. 

He'd loved Garroth's room so much when they moved in that he slept there the first two weeks, and Garroth let him, because that's what good brothers do.

Suddenly he heard a loud knock, from somewhere. He looked around the room, the knock sounded close, was Vylad still here? 

"Hey, Captain Douche, over here!" Outside the window was Chloe, her nose pressed up against the window. Zane slowly walked over to her, he gave her a confused look. 

She said something that he couldn't quite understand and pointed at the lock. He slowly opened the window, the fresh, cold, air flew into the room. 

"Thanks mate," she said and climbed in, closely followed by Kawaii~Chan. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. 

"Well, Vylad told us everything, he just kinda broke down, don't think he's very good at keeping secrets."

"Everything?" Zane asked. 

"May I Add that, your parents suck! You know that, right?" She said. 

"I know, but I still don't really get why you are here..." 

"How could Zane Kun forget? The Christmas market is today, we couldn't just go without Zane Kun!" Kawaii~Chan said as feisty as ever. 

Zane had been trying to ignore the fact that the market was today, not because he didn't want to go, he knew it was going to be fun. But now it didn't matter, Kawaii~Chan would definitely not leave him behind. 

"Well, You are our host, and I haven't had breakfast so FEED ME!" Chloe said.

-------------------------