Smaller!? - Sidemen OT7

"Imagine if you got XP for eating in real life. I'd probably eat more". - quote of vikkstar123

Around 2000 words, enjoy xx

~~~~~~~~~~

Josh's POV

Being the dad of the group was a blessing and a curse. The others came first no matter what, I had to be responsible and have eyes of a hawk. Some things always slipped. We were now in the time of preparing videos for the holidays, both Christmas and New Years. Somehow Vikk has gotten away with loads of stuff during the busy period, we were all most likely just stressed out on our own with our videos, not having enough time to do the small extra things.

Vikk, Simon, JJ and I are currently out shopping for Christmas presents. We normally celebrate together, Sidemen only, on the 24th of December and having one last night of cuddles before we split up to our separate families on the 25th. Some of us had quite the way to travel, like Vikk, and he also left the earliest. How he managed we will never understand. I would normally be last 'to leave' only I didn't leave. After telling my parents I was bisexual and in a polyamorous relationship I was shunned from the traditional family Christmas meal me and my relatives normally enjoyed together. I was basically shunned from the family as a whole, only having my old room with very old stuff I didn't want anymore for a show, to make it seem like I hadn't been disowned as an adult.

The boys still thought I left for the meal and came back later the same night, that being the reason why I was home already when the rest would come back midday on the 26th. I'm fine with them being in the dark on this one small detail, what they didn't know they didn't get hurt of, and who likes sympathy anyways? I normally spent the day on some type of game, usually call of duty in some shape or form, I was still making illuminate behind the scenes, wanting to get as many games in as possible, from the start-point of my love for the call of duty franchise and all the way to the newest released game, only putting in the very best clips and wanting an actual long, high quality video.

But to get back to the point, we were walking towards Nando's, Christmas gifts wrapped up inside our bags. "You know, we should get custom Santa hats next year" Simon commented on our way up the escalators and we all nodded along. Vikk gripped at the railing but I paid no mind to it, afterwards wishing that I had. It was almost as if I watched in slow motion as  Vikk fell forwards, his head hitting the metal stair as well as the plexiglass side. Quickly handing my bags over to Jj I squatted down and picked Vikk up, he blinked and stared at me with unseeing eyes for a few seconds before his body went limp. I got Simon to call an ambulance as we made our way to an exit as quick as we could, Vikk's light body carried in my hands bridal style.

People saw the urgency in Simons eyes as he ran just in front of me, making way for us as JJ followed slightly slower pace as he was weighed down by the large quantity of shipping bags he was holding. We met with the ambulance people as soon as we exited the large Westfields building and I jumped in, saying I was his boyfriend, closest family within non flying methods of travelling.

One of the ambulance workers showed me where to sit and told JJ and Simon to which hospital we were headed whilst the other two loaded Vikk in. It was stressful to say the least. It's my fault too, why didn't I ask him if he was okay and had eaten properly before going out?

About 15 minutes later we arrived and I rushed along as far as I could but got stopped as the stretcher made it's way through the third set of double swing doors. The nurse directed me to the nearest waiting room and I sat down, asking for which hospital we had actually arrived to before pulling up my phone and texting the SDMN group chat we had. I only texted them to come here and where to go in the hospital, leaving no other explanation other than 'It's Vikk'. The replies flooded in as the boys organised who was going with who. I sighed and put my phone to sleep, placing it in my pocket.