Our Responsibility ~ Minizerk

Just imagine...
Josh's POV

I smiled to myself as I watched everyone congratulate my cute boyfriend, he loved every gift and hugged the person gifting the gift before ripping the wrapping paper to shreds and examining it.

Everyone but me had soon gifted what they came with so I smiled and cleared my throat, the attention turning towards me.

"Simon, I know you so well and even though you haven't wished for it in a long time I know you still want one. Lemme go grab it?" I comment making Simon nod, almost jumping up and down I his chair.

I rushed up the stairs and grabbed the collar and put it on the puppy before placing it in the box and carefully putting the lid on top. I walked down the stairs carefully, making sure the puppy wouldn't make my noise that would give it away as I entered the living room. I placed the box down on the floor and sat down, the box just a little in front of me.

I gestured for Simon to sit down in front of me and the box but instead he sat down in my lap and curled up. "Is it safe to be opened now?" Simon asked and blushed as I laughed at him and nodded. "You need to open it now" I comment softly.

Simon lifted the lid of carefully and then just froze. I could feel him gasping and I smiled, placing my chin on his shoulder. "YOU GOT ME A PUPPY!?" Si smiled, making sure to not actually shout in his excitement. "Yeah, you've wanted a puppy forever, we have a big garden for it to play in, it would be something to bring you from your desk to the outside world sometimes as well" I commented, making our friends chuckle to themselves.

|~~|
A few hours later
|~~|

The puppy laid in Simon's lap sleeping soundly as Simon petted his soft fur. "What are you gonna name him?" I asked softly, kissing Simon behind the ear. "Alec, I think" Simon responded, smiling.

"What's bothering you?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. "What do you mean?" Simon frowned, looking at me in confusion. "When something is bothering you you chew on your lip and furrow your eyebrows together, so what's up?" I respond with a smile.

"What if I forget to feed it like I do with myself? Is he only my responsibility?" Simon asked, looking nervous. "No, little Alec here is our responsibility"