+0.0

The trees in the forest were malady-brown. The decaying air and stifling atmosphere provided the perfect abode for those who worshipped the darkness rather than the light.

The forest was primordial. Centuries-old trees with sprawling limbs guarded the darkness, blotting out any sunlight. Their bark was mottled and splotched, as if bubbled soup had been frozen on its surface. She warily walked through the narrow path leading to the small hut right in the center of the dark forest, holding her child tightly in her arms.

Knocking on the door, two guards opened it and greeted, before ushering her down to the basement.

"I see you have arrived." She bowed down to the raven haired male infront of her. He had a strong aura, intimidating her as she rose to her standing position.

The witch was never to be taken lightly with.

He took notice of the child the lady was holding  and his eyes turned to a deep shade of purple as he stood up and walked towards them. Her breath hitched as she back away from him, but soon stopped as she realised he wasnt happy with it.

"She's going to grow up to be a fine lady." He smiled as he caressed the child's cheeks gently. The lady simply nodded as she watched him chuckle at the sight of the sleeping child.

"Bring her back when she turns 15. I'll take care of her from then."

"Sir. She's my child."

"I gave her to you. Never forget that. And now that your wish had came through, you have to pay the price." He smiled as he grabbed the child's wrist, digging his nails through her delicate skin. The lady yelled for him to let go as the child cried, but to no avail.

A crescent moon scar was inked on the child's wrist as he finally let go and returned to his seat. The lady hummed to a tune for the child's to fall asleep again, before taking a look at her wrist and frowning.

"Leave. And if you dont bring her back on her 15th birthday, you can prepare to attend her funeral."