+0.10

HECTIC MONTH BUT HELLO

She's the one I've chosen.

I wanted to be with her for my entire life. It was probably because i made her, but seeing her just made me feel happy, at peace, and I've realised how she's always in my head now, and i wanted it to stay that way.

"If i liked you, what would you do?"

"Dont lie Jungkook! I'm nothing but a burden. A witch like you shouldnt be liking some stupid human."

But you're someone special to me.

I smiled sadly before grabbing her hand, pulling her into my embrace. She didn't have much days. I knew what would happen in the end.

If i died in her place, would it be better?

"Jungkook? Are you listening?"  I snapped back to reality and looked at the curious girl sitting next to me. Nodding hastily, i send her a quick smile before going back to what i was thinking.

If that's what it takes to keep her safe, I'll do it.

"Are you hungry? Lets stop by the grocery store before we head home. I'll cook today." She nodded eagerly and a smile resurfaced on my face again. Intertwining our hands, i led her to the supermarket nearby and got us a trolley.

"What do you feel like eating?"

"Food that makes me feel like home? Mum used to always make omelette and spicy chicken. I also like seafood!" She pointed at the seafood section and pulled me towards it.

"Prawns?"

"Mm! I love them!" I gulped but remained calm as i grabbed a handful of them and placed them in a bag. I didn't want to disappoint her looking at how happy she is, and i hated myself at the moment for being allergic to prawns.

"Come on, lets go to the vegetable section." I forced out a smile as i grabbed the trolley and pushed it. Any second longer i would have puked. The sight of the seafood was making my stomach do somersaults.

We quickly finished up at the store and made our way home, since it was getting a little late. Nothing special on the way back though, it was just an awkward silence throughout the journey.

"Go wash up. I'll cook." I placed the groceries on the table before assembling everything i needed to make dinner. "I want to help though. Can we do it together?" Hailey smiled before grabbing the apron on the counter top.

I've never been so eager to cook.
.
.
.
.

"I wanted to talk to you about something. Do you want to go wash up first? I can wait."

"Ani, tell me now."we sat down on the sofa, and i took a deep breath before conveying my thoughts.

"Recently theres a girl that's always in my mind. No matter what im doing, i always think of her. And when she's in pain, i feel like my heart's in pain too. What does this mean?" I looked at her as she looked down, playing with her fingers. It didn't take her long to look up with a smile on her face.

"You like her. Its as easy as that."

"How should i tell her then?"

"Just tell her how you feel and ask her if she feels the same way. Im sure she would. Who would reject a handsome guy like you?"

"So how do you feel?" I said, eyes focusing on her once again. She looked at me flustered as her mouth gaped open.

"I like you Hailey." And that was the last thing i said before sealing my lips with hers.