+0.3

"Be quiet as we enter." He whispered as he put on his black cape, and i nodded before he gestured me to follow close behind. We were both all dressed in black, since he said it was the 'dress code' for today.

We were standing infront of a huge cave, with dimly lit candles and a seemingly narrow walkway to enter it.

"This is the witch cave. Most spells are done here, and only true witches would be allowed in." Jungkook explained as we stopped infront of a memorial wall, with hundreds of names carved on it. He lit up a candle and bowed before placing it down on the floor, and i did the same.

"And this. Is what i want to show you." We were now infront of a shelf full of skulls, and i froze at the sight of it. Their faces shows horror, fright, fear. What happened to them?

"In every witchcraft, a human's soul is sacrificed. Here lies all the souls you should thank. They are the reason you existed." Jungkook took a small wooden bowl, needle, and a towel before ushering me to kneel down on the soil ground, facing the skulls.

"As you turn 15, it is the year you come and pay your respect to these souls. Here. You need to offer them your blood as an offering." He explained and handed me the needle.

"Will it hurt? Im scared of needles."

"I'll help. Dont worry." He smiled as he leaned closer to me, before pecking me on my cheeks and i instantly froze when his lips came in contact with my cheeks. It lasted for no more than ten seconds before he pulled away and i stared at his purple eyes in confusion.

"I distracted you. See? That's more than enough blood." He ripped off a part of the towel and wrapped it around my pricked finger before holding the bowl of my fresh blood infront of those skulls, chanting a chain of words that i couldn't comprehend. The bowl was then placed in the middle of two lit candles, and he dusted his hands before pulling me up from the ground.

"Alright. We're done here. Lets leave now. You shouldn't stay here for long."

"Who.. who exactly are you?" I asked and he stopped dead in his tracks. He should have expected this question from me. From our first meeting it was his purple eyes that caught my attention, then to this. Who exactly was he? Was he someone i had underestimated?

"Someone you should never try to understand. And you, Hailey, is the first successful human to be born with the use of witchcraft." Jungkook smiled as he walked ahead of me. I followed behind, but made sure to keep my distance.

"Witchcraft? What do you mean?"

"Witchcrafts are used to get what we desire. We all have greediness in us. We all want something we cant achieve. And hence witchcraft was used as a scheming way to get what we want. And you darling, were the greed your parents longed and yearned for."

"With every witchcraft, comes a sacrifice of a human soul. Hundreds have died because of their own greed. And you are the gift they made. You were born thanks to these souls that are willing to sacrifice for you."

"And hence, dont you dare take you life for granted. "

"And so, why can't my parents have me?" Jungkook had told me before that i would be staying in his house, away from my parents. If i was something my parents wanted, why didnt they have me?

"Their wishes have been granted, and the consequence was that i get you back once you turn 15. I was only capable of making the spell for 15 years and now i need to have you back in order for you to survive."

"Youre a witch?"

"Surprise surprise. Yes i am."