+0.16

ITS BEEN LONG HELLO

I've just ended my tests in school and major exams starts in a month:/

Life's been really hectic and nowadays i have alot on my mind but im glad i finally found the time to sit down and update:)

Another thing: in one of the previous chapters ive asked where you guys lived in and i never thought that I'll have so many international readers!!!! Thank you guys so so much for the love and support!
.
.
.
.

Jungkook's POV

That night, i found myself hesitating once again.

I had less than 24 hours before i needed to make the descision. As much as i loved her, i wasn't sure if i was ready to let everything go.

Sighing, i picked up the ring from the table, staring at it once again. It was a ring passed down to descendants of the royal family. And since i was once a part of it, the ring had remained with me since then.

I had nothing to lose. If i chose her, I'll still live, just with a part of me gone. I'll finally live as a human, wasnt that what i always wanted?

"Jungkook?" I heard her voice as faint knocking sounds were heard. Putting the ring back on the table, i went over to open the door as i ushered her into the room.

"You didnt eat much for dinner so i figure you might be hungry. I dont know what you liked so i made um.. ramen." She smiled as she placed the bowl on my table, passing me the chopsticks which I gladly took it.

"I wanted to talk to you about something too."

"Hmm?" I put down the bowl of noodles as i waited for her to speak.

"Jungkook, give me up." She sighed, looking at me as i looked at her, surprise written all over my face.

"What are you talk-"

"I've heard the conversation that day. I didnt mean to, but I thought it was something serious. Im a human. Im bound to die one day. It no use trying to save me now when I'll die later on. All humans die, and i wont be an exception. So give me up Jungkook." She smiled as she took my hand, placing something on my palm.

"Its my necklace. My mum used to tell me it gives me luck and protects me from danger. I want you to keep it now. So at least when i die, i know that the necklace is safe in someone's hands."

"Hailey, I'll figure this out okay? I wont give you up. This is stupid. I'll find a way to solve this shit."

"You wont." She chuckled as she looked down, fiddling with her fingers. "You have to give them an answer tomorrow." It came out as a whisper, and my heart ache when i heard it.

"I'll choose you over them. You know i would! I'll give up anything to keep you alive. I'll-"

"I dont want it. Dont give up anything for me. Whatever it is, tell them you'll give me up tomorrow. Rest well Jungkook." She smiled as she came closer up and hugged me, before leaving the room, closing the door after her.

I stared at her necklace once again. The pendant resembled a butterfly, with a phrase engraved at the back of it. I wasn't sure what it meant, but it definitely was something important.

I wasnt ready to give her up, but neither did i want to lose my powers. It did made me feel different. At some point of time, it made me feel superior. Humans needed me to fulfill their wishes, their greeds. And that was what a witch exists for. To bring people what they want in order to satisfy them.

Witches gave humans what they want.

But who gave witches what they wanted?