+0.14

Been hella busy recently since school just started but hello:)

Im trying to make my chapters longer but I usually dont have much time since i have exams in two weeks. But I'll still try my best to update more regularly and make chapters longer:)

Hailey's POV

Was i too harsh with my words?

I sighed as i sat down on the bed, taking off the mask I've had on since dinner. I couldn't help but feel bad when i saw the disappointed look on his face. I was too careless with my words.

I should have thought of his feelings.

No doubt I've grown feelings for Jungkook, but i just wasnt sure. Afterall we were different, he's a witch while im human. How can we ever be together? Grabbing the makeup wipes left on the table I hastily removed my makeup before rinsing my face.

There was a long knock on the door, and before i was able to open it Jungkook came barging in, panting as he grabbed on my wrist.

"Wh-what-"

"Your mark is glowing. Something is wrong." He frowned as looked at the mark, and as i looked at it, he was right.

It was glowing with a slight hint of purple.

"How did you know the mark was glowing?"

"It's my name on the mark. I can feel it.That old hag never fails to piss me off." He muttered before stomping out of the room.

Jungkook's POV

"What do you want." I slammed open the door, glaring at Grand Witch who was sitting on the sofa, drinking her tea. She looked up at me, unamused, before going back to what she was doing.

"You made that potion. So you  should have the cure. Give it to me." I reiterated my point and she chuckled before pulling out a small bottle filled with a colourless liquid.

"Is this how you would ask someone for something? How rude of you." She smirked as she ushered me to come closer. When i got close enough, she simply picked up the small bottle and threw it on the floor.

"There's no second bottle to this Jungkook. What will you do?"

"She's 15. You know how much effort I've put in for her. This is my last wish as your grandson. Tell me how i can save her, please"

"Fascinating. Well there are ways that can save her. But I'll let you know on one condition. The moment you step out of the palace, you are no longer related to witches. Your lifespan would change and you will live purely as a human." She smiled, and i gritted my teeth as I thought hard about it. I would give up anything for Hailey, but never have I thought of living as a human.

"Its a deal."

"You were the one that made her, so its natural your blood would be able to keep her alive. But here's the thing. You save her and you'll lose your own life. What's worse? She wouldn't remember you. Tell me Jungkook, do you think its worth it?" She questioned as i froze. What was holding me back? I knew it was worth it, if i could save her i would sacrifice my everything.

"Isn't there any other ways?" In the end, i was selfish. I've put myself infront of her. She was precious to me, but i didnt want to die.

"Let her go Jungkook. Humans die, you cant change that fact. It's just a matter of time. I'll tell you this, she dont have much time left. Two weeks in fact. The potion is starting to kick in."

"You dont have to sacrifice that much for her."

"But I-"

"Witches would never give up themselves just for a mere human. This is my last advice to you. You have two days to think about it. After two days if i dont get an answer, she dies no matter what."

She heard everything we said.