+0.4

"I don't like joking around Hailey." We were infront of the dining table as we quietly ate our dinner. Since i couldnt stand the quietness, i decided to ask him a joke and was immediately scolded for it.

"Sorry." I mumbled before eating my pasta.

Silence again.

I sighed as i sipped on my orange juice and watched him eat his own serving in silence. How can a human eat with such silence?

Oh. He's a witch.

"Sir, Its another one." One of the guard said and Jungkook nodded before instructing him to 'escort her to  the basement'. I stared at the two as they continued their conversation, and found out it was about someone who had came to ask for their wish to be granted.

"Can i watch too?" I asked nonchalantly and he simply smiled as he came over to grab my hand. We both headed down to the basement, and he unlocked the door to the dark place i saw when i first came.

"Ah dear. What can i do for you?" Jungkook smiles as he approaches the girl sitting on the chair. She was shaking. She looked frightened but never hesitated to speak up her thoughts.

"I want to look pretty. I want to be the prettiest in school." She said as she looked down. In my opinion, she was way prettier than me, and it confused me why she wanted this stupid wish.

Well, girls are girls.

"And what would you pay it with?"

"Ten years of my life." She said and i stared blankly at her. Just to be beautiful, was it really worth your life? Was it really that important?

"Get some of her blood. We'll start with the spell." He instructed and the guards nodded before inserting a large needle in her. Her blood dripped out slowly and i gasped at the sight of it. The girl wasn't talking. Her eyes were wide open and her lips were formed into a small smile. It was as if she enjoyed every single second of this torturous procedure. Jungkook simply watched as the blood dripped into the small ceramic bowl, and he took the bowl from the guard's  hand when it was filled up.

"It'll hurt a little. But beauty comes with pain." Jungkook warned as he lit up the candle and waved it infront of the girls face. I screamed when the fire burnt her cheeks, almost disfiguring her, and almost fainted when a black smoke escaped from her face.

All this time, she didnt react.

"She's drugged. She wouldn't feel too much pain. But the consequence is that she is to watch every second of it." Jungkook explained as he blew out the candle. The once pretty girl was now disfigured to the point that no one could recognise her, and i somewhat felt the urge to slap her for being so ungrateful with her own looks.

Jungkook chanted another chain of words again, this time sounding a little more serious and dark than before. His eyes were a deep shade of purple as he poured her blood that was previously in the bowl down the girl.

It didnt take long till the change was visible. Her previously brown short hair turned longer and darker, and her eyes looked brighter. Her complexion looked clearer and i had to admit that she looked like a goddess.

"Its done. Good luck in school and i hope you live a good life." Jungkook bowed as the girl thanked him and left happily with her new look.

"One hour."

"What about that?" I asked as Jungkook's eye met mine and he smiled, keeping the equipments he used for the spell.

"She has one hour till she dies. Her life ends at the age of 28 and she would die from a car accident. She's now 18 and she gave up ten years of her life. She'll die one hour from now."

"Why didn't you warn her about it?"

"As witches. We are not allowed to disclose any information to the humans. We know how they would live their life, how they will be treated by people around them and how they would eventually die. We know everything but we are forbidden from saying it." He explained and i was left speechless.

"Could you have stopped it?"

"I'm not jesus. I dont have to power to stop death from happening."