Chapter 27: Invitation

Life had gone back to normal, the new normal that was, not the old normal. The new normal was her life in Switzerland, the old normal was her life in London and she wouldn't want to get back to that. She still didn't trust Sebastian as she had trusted him before, but she was glad that she had given him another chance. They had spent a lot of time together over the last days and she only then had realised how much she had missed him. Maybe Abby had talked some sense into her after all, because she had said it was stupid to push him out of her life before hearing him out. In the end he had given her an explanation she could understand and she couldn't imagine how it would be to stand in his shoes. She would certainly go crazy after a week of people constantly wanting to know what she was thinking or doing.

It mustn't be easy at all and she felt some pity towards Seb for having to live like this. On the other hand, he earned millions so he really had nothing to complain about. If she had millions she would hire a look alike to do all these things for her and then travel the world herself. Although Seb had a lot of money, he never looked like a rich person she had to admit. He was as normal as your next door neighbour and he wasn't wearing ridiculous expensive clothes or anything. She liked that about him very much.

At the moment Seb was ordering pizza and she listened to him speaking German. Although her German was quite good now after working so many hours in the cafe, they always spoke English between them. It was something they had done from the start and they both never had felt the need to change that. Nevertheless it was useful to speak both languages, because she could understand Seb when he was speaking German. At the moment he had raised his voice slightly, it was clear that the person on the other side of the line didn't understand what he wanted to order. Seb being as precise as ever wanted to make sure that the order was written down as detailed as possible. She grinned when she noticed his frustrated face and gave him a little wave. His response was flipping the bird and she could only laugh at that reply. He seemed so well mannered, but in the end he was just a normal guy.

'That guy really didn't have a brain,' Seb said sounding annoyed. He flopped down on the sofa next to Keira and massaged his head.

'Why?' she asked.

'Because I ordered two pizzas and he kept talking about six pizzas. I mean, how is that even possible?'

'I wouldn't say no to six pizzas...,' she smirked and she could hear Seb gasp in exasperation.

'That's not the point! If I ask for two pizzas I expect to get two, not three or more,' he said in frustration.

'You're adorable being annoyed, you know that?' she grinned en she gave him a pat on his head.

He pouted and looked at Keira with his best impression of puppy eyes.

'Yes, I know you're cute, but now move because I can't feel my feet anymore,' she tried to push him away from her and so free her feet.

He moved aside so that he was leaning against the arm of the sofa, opposite the one Keira occupied. 'Pizza will be here in half an hour,' he said.

'Good, because I'm hungry.' Her stomach was rumbling and thinking about pizza made that even worse. It had not even been her idea to order pizza, Seb had insisted he needed pizza to stay alive or something. Not wanting to argue with him and the fact she really wanted pizza she had given in.

'You better be, because I ordered the largest ones they had,' he grinned and he rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

'If you keep going like this I don't know how you'll fit into your car.'

'Well, that's Heikki's job, not mine!' he threw his hands in the air to indicate his innocence.

'Poor guy,' she muttered.