Chapter 32: Drinks

Sorry to have kept you waiting after last chapter, but I hope you like this part :)

'You're going out with fucking Alonso?!' Seb yelled with an incredibly hurt look on his face. There was no hint of a smile visible anymore and his mouth had set in a hard line.

Keira only looked down at the ground, observing the cracks that had appeared over the years. Abby was now looking at Seb, clearly not expecting him to be this angry. She appeared a bit uncomfortable with the situation and wanted to say something, but nothing came out of her mouth.

The silence was enough confirmation for Seb, he first had thought he had heard them incorrectly. However them not objecting to what he had just said was enough to show him that they indeed meant Fernando. Of all the people in the paddock it had to be fucking Fernando, great. He looked at Keira, but she was still looking down at the ground, clearly not wanting to look at him. Her long brown hair was covering her face and her hat was now even more noticeable. Forza Alonso, fucking great again.

'So that's why you're wearing that hat?' Seb said pointing at Keira's head.

Keira now finally had found enough courage to look up. 'No, it isn't,' she said timidly and she quickly took of the hat, stuffing it into her bag.

'I thought you were wearing it as a joke, but clearly there's more going on,' he sounded bitter and he was now staring at the bag the hat had disappeared to.

How had this even happened? She never even mentioned Fernando and he didn't know how she did know him. Clearly she did know him, because they were going out, the two of them. He felt his stomach lurch when he imagined them sitting close together and Keira laughing at a joke Fernando had just made. It was because he was his biggest rival that he didn't want her to go out with him, he told himself when he felt that sickening feeling in his stomach. They were supposed to be friends and now she was suddenly consorting with the enemy. An image in his head had appeared where Fernando was holding Keira's hand and was pushing her hair out of her face, while looking at her with that cocky smile of his. He felt nauseous and it felt like someone had punched him in the stomach. It was just because they were friends, he told himself, it had nothing to do with her looking at someone else with her beautiful eyes. Clearly not, he didn't mind her going out with someone, it was just that he felt this way because it was Fernando.

'I had this hat before all of this happened,' Keira said with a small voice and she was tugging on her hair what showed that she was nervous.

'That's true,' Abby agreed and she nodded. 'Also it was just intended as a joke,' she tried to help her friend. She had created this situation, so she also needed to fix this. Seb had taken it much worse than she had expected him to do, clearly there was something going on between him and Keira.

'I just don't understand how you could do this to me, you could have chosen anyone but him!' Seb yelled again and sadness clouded his features. He was never able to look at Fernando again in the same way as before, this was another reason to beat his Spanish butt on track.

'I didn't think about it,' Keira said and guilt was visible on her face. Her eyes glistened and the confidence that had built up when Alonso had been talking to her had completely disappeared. She looked smaller and she was squeezing her hands.

Seb's eyes narrowed and he bit his lip angrily. 'It's good to hear how important your friends are to you,' he spat and he almost pulled out a chunk of his hair when he ran his fingers angrily through it.

'I'm sorry,' Keira said pleadingly and her green eyes were now fixed on Seb's blue ones.

'I'll see you tomorrow at the race,' Seb said with a surprisingly soft voice. The anger had disappeared from his face and what was left was hurt and disappointment. He felt the knot in his stomach tighten again when she looked at him like this. He knew he couldn't stay angry with her, even if he wanted to, but he was still not ready to forgive her. The feeling when he thought about her spending tonight with Fernando and knowing how direct he was with girls made him want to punch Fernando in the face. Luckily he was nowhere to be seen and that made him keep his composure, for now.