Chapter 51: Lobby

Hi guys, another update. It took me a bit longer this time to finish the chapter, but I hope you'll like it :)

It was already ten past seven and Fernando still hadn't showed up. She felt horribly overdressed in the busy lobby of the hotel, as everybody was still in team gear and she was in a dress and wearing heels. Seb would have been on time, she thought, so very German. She pulled out the little mirror from her bag and checked if she still looked OK, because people kept staring at her. It probably was because of her being overdressed, of course. She felt uneasily lost and tried to pass the time by texting Macy to ask how her date with Jenson was going, because she had been so nervous since he had asked her out. They were acting like love struck teenagers and it was a miracle that nobody else had picked up on that, however it was only a matter of time.

She crossed her legs when she had put her phone back into her bag and stroke the arms of the large armchair she was sitting in, everything was so damn soft in this hotel. Even sleeping in this chair would be comfortable, probably the floor too judging from the fluffy carpet. She felt the urge to try it out, but she didn't think the Japanese people would really understand her if she would suddenly lay down on the floor, Japan was such a polite nation. With a sigh she checked her watch again and her eyes then wandered to the doors, still no sight of Fernando. She was debating if she should text him, but maybe that would come across very clingy and she didn't want that. Fernando was for having fun, no strings attached and just having a good time, to forget about anything else.

She was still staring at the doors when her eyes suddenly found a very familiar face walking in, his perfect blue eyes were darting around the room and he looked nervous. This drew her attention and she smirked, what was he hiding? She knew that look, she had seen it many times before and he was never really successful in hiding something, he was just too honest. When she looked for clues she spotted a large cardboard box in the bag he was carrying, a very familiar box indeed. Oh no, he didn't. If that was what she thought it was Seb would be in trouble.

'Seb!' she yelled out of the blue, not really knowing what she wanted to say to him.

When he heard his name his eyes went wide and his mouth hung open a little, while clutching the bag to his chest. He looked like he was busted and his cheeks were a little darker than they had been before. Checking the lobby to find out who had called his name he looked like a child that was going to be punished and she found it utterly adorable. It didn't matter what he did, he always had that innocent look in his eyes and it made her heart melt. Also the way his eyes lit up right now when he finally figured out who had called him made her feel all gooey on the inside, which was not a sensation she was very accustomed to.

'You called me?' he asked when he had made his way over to where Keira was sitting. His expression was between elation because she was talking to him and confusion because she was talking to him. The mysterious bag had magically disappeared behind his back and that made for a quite unnatural posture, but he didn't seem to notice.

He didn't need to tell anything, Keira could smell what was going on. 'Seb, is that a pizza behind your back?' she asked nonchalantly and she tried not to smirk, but she failed.

'No!' he quickly replied, but his face betrayed him. He never was good at hiding anything, due to the fact again that he was too honest.

'I can smell it, don't lie,' she chuckled and she leaned sideways to look behind him. It smelled delicious and her stomach rumbled, it was because of Fernando that she was still this hungry.

Seb noticed her looking and quickly turned sideways so the box was still hidden, although it was rather half-heartedly, he knew he was busted. He shrugged his shoulders, smiled and bit his lip. 'I can explain-,' he began.