Chapter 61: Repeat

Hey guys, I'm back for another update! I took a while, but I finally found some time to finish this chapter this morning. I have to say though, the updates won't get any more frequent in the future though sadly. I just came back from training for my new job and I'll be moving to Austria in two weeks to work there this winter as a ski&snowboard instructor. I'm really looking forward to that, I'm super stoked, but it means my writing will have less priority. I still intend to keep writing though! Oh well, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Let me know what you think :D

'Guys, excellent job!' Christian Horner had made his way from the pit wall to the garage and was shaking hands with everyone.

'That was a close one boys,' Adrian Newey added to that when he appeared from behind the team principal. He slapped Christian on his back and it was obvious they couldn't be happier with the 1-2 for the team in qualifying.

The garage was filled with happy faces and some of the team members were still looking at the screens to see the drivers lining up their cars in parc fermé and climbing out to get weight. A few mechanics rushed out of the garage to take care of their cars when they got parked in the pit lane and others were already starting to pack up.

'Thanks for not screwing this up, I much prefer it when we don't have all these sulking grown men around us,' Macy had made her way over to Keira who was still sitting on her chair where she had been all session.

Keira looked up from the sheets with data she had been studying and stretched her arm out for a high five, which Macy enthusiastically answered. 'Seb's not going to be happy though,' she answered while she rolled her eyes. She couldn't hide a smile though, as Seb was super adorable when he was annoyed.

Macy grinned and jumped on the chair next to Keira. 'I can't blame him though, it was so close. He was first in Q1 and Q2, so naturally you expect to be first in the last session as well,' she said. 'To make it worse, it being your team mate who beats you to pole is even worse,' she added.

Their conversation got interrupted when the whole garage started clapping, so they turned around to see what was going on. They already knew without looking though, as it had became a tradition to clap when the pole sitter entered the garage. Keira noticed that Mark looked extremely smug and she knew exactly why. From what she had heard around here Mark often didn't feel as loved as Seb in the team and he had been quite vocal about that in the past. So to out-qualify Seb must feel immensely satisfying. He looked even taller than he already was when he walked around to thank everyone for the results.

Keira's eyes then spotted a second figure entering the garage and he as well was congratulated by the team. A smile spread across her face when she saw Seb getting the recognition he deserved, even though she could see the disappointment linger in his eyes. Suddenly their gazes locked while being on opposite sides of the garage. Feeling embarrassed by the way her heart jumped because of that she felt blood creep up to her cheeks. Apparently Seb could see that from this distance as he raised his eyebrows and then winked, causing Keira's cheeks to feel even hotter than they already were.

Macy in the mean time looked quite unsure, she could see what was going on between them and instead of cracking her usual jokes about everything, she kept quiet. Deep down Keira knew why, but she wasn't able to make herself care about why exactly at this moment. Whenever Seb was around a kind of fog appeared in her head and caused all kind of trouble when it came to decision making and remembering what has happened before this moment. The only thing that stood out clearly where his bright blue eyes and the way his soft pink lips curved when he smiled.

'Keir, what are you doing? You'll only get hurt,' Macy had leant into Keira and she almost whispered these words. Not that it was needed with the buzz that was still present in the garage.