Chapter 57: Silence

Hey guys, another update for you :) I would love to hear your feedback again!
Sorry for not updating in a while, but I just returned from a two week trip to Germany/Austria. I'm still super tired, but I really felt like writing again! I did all kind of cool motorsport things on my trip, like visiting the Mercedes museum, driving my car around the Nordschleife, went to the Hockenheimring, visited Seb's home town Heppenheim and ended it all at the Austrian GP. I got a lot of autographs and pics with drivers (and Ross Brawn and Chase Carey), the race was good and had a lot of fun :D

Days had gone by since their encounter at the lake. Keira had expected Seb to try to get in contact with her, as he always did, but it had stayed surprisingly silent. She didn't know if that was because he was angry with her for not giving him a chance to explain, if he wanted to give her space or if he had given up on her. Not really caring which of the options it was, she was only glad that he had been leaving her alone. Despite coping marginally well, she knew that if she heard his voice or saw his face she would be back at square one. She had spent hours on the phone with Abby and even Macy and Minttu had been in contact with her to check on her. She also spoke to Tom of course, although their conversations were more about the sport than her broken heart.

The only problem she was facing right now was that she was waiting for Macy and other Red Bull personnel at the airport in Korea. She didn't know when Seb would arrive, but he could show up in front of her at any moment. It made her nervous and she checked her watch every few seconds to check if it was almost time for Macy to save her from this situation. She knew she had no chance to avoid him this weekend as that would be a bit weird for his performance engineer, but she wasn't ready to be faced with him just yet. Her eyes kept darting around the area to spot a flock of blue people, but so far she hadn't had any luck. She was just checking the time again when she was almost knocked off her feet.

'I'm sorry, I didn't see you there,' the excuse sounded genuine. A hand was stretched out to Keira to stop her from falling.

Still disorientated and confused by the situation Keira looked up to the face of the stranger to find out what was going on. When she spotted who it was she was between shock and relief. It still was weird to be confronted with people who she watched racing on TV when she was younger, as they always seemed so unreal and far away. On the other hand she had talked to him a few times already, so she wasn't so shocked as she had been the first time.

'You're name is Keira, isn't it?' he smiled and the Australian accent was as thick as ever.

'Yes, I'm sorry for being in your way, I'm just waiting for a few others,' Keira tried to explain herself, although she didn't know why she was apologising for just standing somewhere. Here brain was not really catching up yet apparently and she could only focus on that sharp jaw line.

'Nonsense, I just hope nobody has seen it. Otherwise they would blame me for sabotage,' he chuckled and put one of his hands on Keira's shoulders.

'Ah well, I will keep my mouth shut and don't tell Christian,' she smiled back and put one of her bags on the floor.

'Even if I suddenly win this weekend?' he stroke his chin and gave Keira a dubious look, although his eyes were twinkling.

'Surely you're not that bad for a number two driver?' she answered with a grin on her face. She swept her hair over her shoulders and tried not to laugh at the look on Mark's face.

With a shake of his head the corners of his mouth lifted. 'I see Seb has been rubbing off on you, such a pity,' he almost sounded disappointed.

'I think that's bound to happen when you spent so much time with someone,' she answered. Then suddenly her face dropped when she realised what she had said. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and the familiar sinking feeling in her stomach suddenly returned.