Chapter 28: Surprise

Happy 2017 everyone! I hope it will be a wonderful year for you :)
I want to thank everyone for reading this story this year, for all your votes and comments during the past months, because they really mean a lot! I never imagined so many people reading my story and I have been overwhelmed by all your support and kind words. So thank you so much for everything, you lot are amazing!

After a week spending her time at home she was glad to be back at work. She had missed the interaction with the customers and also time passed a lot quicker when she was being kept busy. Time passing quickly was essential, because she wanted it to be Wednesday sooner than later. It was only a few days, but it felt like weeks she had to wait. Days went by so slowly that she was sure someone had broken the clock that was hanging on the wall. She also still needed to call Tom, so that he knew he was going somewhere and give him time to recover from the news. Sebastian had made sure that he would personally call Abby's and Tom's bosses if it was necessary to get them the weekend off, he was always so thoughtful she thought. She didn't think it would be a big problem for Tom, because he already worked in the motorsport world and they would be mad to not let him linger around the Red Bull garage.

When she had called Abby she had responded really enthusiastically, she was more looking forward to meeting Seb than the cars, but that didn't matter. It was nice to spend some time together again, because there weren't many opportunities to do so sadly. She was also looking forward to introducing her friends to Seb, although she was a little afraid of how Tom would act around him. She knew Seb would be his nice and funny self, so she was sure her friends would like him.

'You're daydreaming again,' Elsa said making Keira jump.

'Don't do that again!' she gasped clasping her chest and leaning back against the counter.

'I'm sorry, but it isn't my fault that your thoughts are somewhere else,' Elsa grinned.

'It's late, I guess I'm just tired,' Keira said shrugging her shoulders. 'I'm not used to these long days anymore, I just have to find my way again.' Her heart was still pounding, but her breathing had steadied again.

'Or you were thinking about your Sebby?' Elsa grinned and she quickly jumped back before Keira could poke her.

'His name isn't Sebby and no, I wasn't!' Keira said indignantly and she grabbed a croissant from the basket that was standing on the counter.

'Oh Keir, it's so obvious,' Elsa laughed and she patted Keira on her shoulder. She also grabbed a croissant from the basket and took a bite, still smiling at her colleague.

'It's not,' Keira muttered as she swallowed a piece of her croissant. 'I was thinking about my friends,' she added.

'And Seb never crossed your thoughts?'

'Maybe,' Keira answered under her breath. Her cheeks turned pink again and she tried to hide it from Elsa by bending over to check something.

'When is one of you finally going to make a move?' Elsa sounded impatient and she exchanged looks with Peter, their other colleague who was working today.

'What do you mean?' Keira tried to sound normal, but her cheeks had now turned a dark colour red.

'Oh come Keir, you're not stupid. You like him!' Elsa exclaimed while rolling her eyes.

Keira threw a cloth in Elsa's direction and almost had also thrown her croissant by accident. 'I do not like him!' she yelled at her.

'Yes, you do,' Elsa grinned and she started to stack the coffee mugs.

'I certainly do not, I don't know what makes you think that,' Keira said with a look of indignation on her face. Her colleagues didn't know anything about Seb and her and she liked him as a friend, nothing more.