Chapter 44: Confusion

A drunk Seb meant a very clingy Seb and Keira wasn't able to get rid of him. Jenson looked at her with raised eyebrows and then studied Seb's face, to see what was going on as Seb was almost choking her at the moment. With all her strength she was able to free herself and pushed Seb in Jenson's direction.

'You are very drunk Sebastian,' Jenson remarked when he sat Seb down on one of the seats at the bar. 'Why do you always drink so much when you win?' he asked.

'You do the same, don't be hypocritical,' Seb answered while wagging his finger in Jenson's face. He giggled when he almost poked his finger in Jenson's eye.

'You have a point, but I never embarrass myself,' Jenson grinned as he rolled his eyes at Keira.

It was clear that Jenson knew things about Seb she didn't know yet and she made a mental note to ask Jenson about it when Seb wasn't present. She was now very curious and she needed some good blackmail material for whenever she was in the position to wind Seb up.

'Shut up,' Seb answered while biting his lip and he turned red when Jenson started laughing.

'Good luck with him Keira, I'm going to make myself useful,' Jenson put down his empty glass and winked before he made his way to the large Red Bull group. He tapped Macy on her shoulder and took over from Charlie who was highly amused by the whole situation. Macy's face was bright red and her eyes were wide, but you could see that she was also very pleased.

'About time,' Seb muttered when he looked at the pair dancing. 'Macy always becomes useless whenever Jenson is around,' he grinned and he gestured Keira to sit down next to him.

'She will be glad to hear that,' she replied. 'I hope Jenson is as serious about this as she is, otherwise I have really screwed up,' she sighed when she sat down. Seb was really close again and she felt her heartbeat increasing as a result of that. How she wished that it was Seb and her dancing like that, instead of Jenson and Macy. The way they looked at each other and the way Macy's head rested on Jenson's chest made her somewhat jealous, damn it. She looked sideways at Seb and her stomach lurched when he did the same, his eyes were suddenly full of sparks and his mouth curved into a sly smile.

'Do you want to dance?' he whispered in her ear when he leant in a little bit closer. He cocked his head to one side and played with a strand of Keira's hair that had escaped from behind her ear.

'Yes,' she gasped when he let his fingers wander to her neck. She wished they could stay like this, but she knew everyone around them would notice. So she quickly swatted away his hand and smiled when he looked confused. Instead of explaining she pulled him onto his feet and led him back to the rest of the team.

She made sure not to get too close with Sebastian, although being a bit too drunk made that extra hard. Especially when Seb kept trying to put his hands on her butt, but luckily the others were too drunk to take in everything that was happening. Chris had suddenly disappeared with Laura and Minttu and Kimi now also had joined the group. Seb had introduced her to Minttu and Macy had been right, she was really nice and also really pretty.

'What got into Jenson?' Minttu asked when Seb and Kimi were discussing something about the race. She had pushed herself between Keira and Seb and sipped from the drink Kimi had bought her.

'Oh, I just told him the truth, apparently that was all he needed,' she grinned and they both turned their heads to look at Jenson and Macy.

'Look, they are kissing!' Minttu shrieked and she waved her hands in excitement. She almost poured her drink on Keira, but she just in time realised what was happening and drank the rest before it ended up somewhere else.