Chapter 41: Unexpected

The morning, if you could call it morning, had gone quickly and Seb had once again topped the timesheets, which made everybody extremely positive that he could do the same in qualifying. Keira took off her headphones and shook hands with the guys sitting next to her, congratulating each other on the good job. She noticed Seb climbing out of his car and he was beaming with adrenaline and happiness, his smile bigger than she had seen in a long time. When he zipped open his race suit to cool off she found herself staring at him again, damn it. She quickly looked around if someone had seen her and luckily everybody was still busy finishing things up.

'There are a few points in the telemetry which I would like to discuss, I think we can still optimise these area's for qualifying,' Rocky somehow had appeared out of nowhere and was now standing next to Keira.

She almost fell of her chair when she heard his voice and she didn't understand how she could have missed him. 'You almost scared me to death,' she said while trying to steady her heartbeat again.

Rocky laughed and patted her on the back. 'Would be a bit inconvenient, we still need you for the rest of the weekend,' he grinned and he rearranged the sheets her was carrying. 'So I think we can be done before lunch if we start now,' he added.

'Give me a few seconds, I'll be right back,' she answered as her eyes were now back on Seb. When Rocky nodded and started a discussion with one of the mechanics she slipped off her chair and made her way over to Seb, who was chatting with a man from Renault.

'That's a hat trick for you, you couldn't have started the weekend any better,' she smiled when Seb had finished his conversation.

He recognised that voice and when he looked over his shoulder he spotted a smiling Keira standing there. Still full of adrenaline the only reasonable thing he could think of was to lift her up and swing her around, making Keira scream in shock. He laughed when he spotted the look of terror on her face, he always enjoyed messing with her desire to control everything. When he finally put her down she almost lost her balance as the swinging had made her dizzy. He was just in time to catch her and that caused him holding Keira in his arms, close against his body. His stomach twitched when her face was suddenly this close and her heavy breathing caused his body to react in ways he didn't want it to do.

'You're sweaty,' was her reply to what happened and she started laughing at the situation.

He quickly let her go as he didn't want her to be disgusted by him. 'Singapore is probably the most physical demanding circuit on the calendar, what do you think what would happen?' he replied and he took one of the water bottles that were handed to him.

'Doesn't mean you have to use me as a wipe,' she grinned and she pointed at her Red Bull shirt which now showed a few wet patches.

'Tough luck,' he grinned and he stuck his tongue out at her. She didn't seem to mind at all, she just liked to wind him up, he knew that by now. He reminded himself not to fall into her trap every time, but he always was distracted by her which meant she could strike easily.

'You're always so polite, not that I'm surprised after what Rocky tells me all the time,' she chuckled and she pointed over her shoulder at his race engineer.

'What did he tell you then?' he asked suddenly unsure about himself. He knew Rocky was a blabbermouth, so what on earth had he told her?

'That's something between him and I, too bad isn't it?' she shrugged her shoulders innocently and tilted her head while her mouth curved into a smile.

'Someday I'll get you two back, I have enough power to make that happen,' he was not going to let her win this time.

'It would be more convenient if you would put that energy into driving your car. Or would you like Fernando to win this championship?' she replied with her sweetest smile and her hands on her hips.