Chapter 31: Communication

With a smile still on her face Keira woke up, she had been dreaming about her being a F1 driver and she had just won her first race before she was rudely woken by Tom jumping on her bed.

'Wake up, it's almost time to leave!' he yelled while pulling on her sheets. Already dressed and clearly ready to go he tried to get Keira out of bed.

She pulled the pillow over her head to block out the bright light. She grabbed her phone from the night stand to check the time. 'We have an hour left,' she groaned and threw her pillow at Tom.

Tom caught it with a big smile on his face before sitting down on the bed. 'But you girls always take hours to get ready, so I thought I would help,' he said still smiling.

'Other girls do, I only take maximum fifteen minutes to get dressed and stuff,' Keira said still half asleep. Going back to sleep was not an option anymore and she cursed Tom under her breath.

'You'll have time enough to get ready then,' Tom said and he tried to make it sound as if that was a good thing. He threw back Keira's sheets and got up from the bed, leaving a very disgruntled Keira behind.

'Thanks a million,' she yelled at him when he left the room. Tom gave her a innocent smile and closed the door behind him.

Now that she was up it was no use to keep laying in bed, so she swung her legs over the edge to get out. Rummaging in her suitcase to find some clothes she found her Alonso hat again. With a smile she put it on her head and looked at herself in the mirror. Yes, Seb would definitely not like this and she grinned. She decided on a pair of jeans and a top, because she wasn't sure if a dress was really appropriate for today. Also she liked to be comfortable and a pair of jeans definitely were the way to go then.

'You look the perfect Ferrari fan,' Abby grinned when Keira walked into the kitchen. She was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in her hands.

'That's what I was going for,' Keira answered and she put on her pair of sunglasses and pouted her lips. This completed her look of being a rich woman who loved Ferrari, but knew nothing about the team except they were dressed in red.

'Seb will hate you, you know that right?' Tom had raised his eyebrows and was sitting on the edge of the table while eating a croissant.

Keira shrugged her shoulders and also grabbed a croissant. 'Hang on, how did we get these?' she said with a puzzled look on her face while staring at her croissant. She couldn't remember them buying them or being in the room. Not that she minded, because croissants were probably her favourite food to start the day with.

Tom pointed to a cart that was standing in the hall way. 'Room service suddenly appeared,' he grinned. 'Must be your friend,' he added with a wink.

Abby agreed with Tom and dipped her croissant into her coffee, very un-French like. 'He knows you very well, sending croissants and stuff.'

'Apparently,' Keira replied and made a mental note to thank Seb later. He really had thought of everything and she was curious what more surprises Seb would come up with this weekend.

They sat chatting for a while and eating all the other twelve croissants, because it would be a waste to leave them go to waste. Yesterday had been a whole new experience for them all and hearing the cars on track had made their ears bleed. Luckily Seb had arranged ear plugs, so they were protected against the noise. On Thursday evening during dinner Seb had told them that he wouldn't expect to be as competitive as the McLarens and the Ferraris this weekend. Because Monza was a power dependent circuit and everyone knew the Renault engine lacked top speed, so it would be difficult to keep up with the rest. It had shown in practice yesterday, neither Red Bull had managed to get into the top ten and they knew today wouldn't be much better. Therefore they were discussing who would qualify on pole today. Tom was sure that Hamilton would get it, while Abby went for Alonso because of the Tifosi.