Chapter 60: Hotel

Hi guys, another update for you. I just noticed as well that it's a year ago that I've started this story. What a journey it has been, I never thought it would turn into the story it is right now! I intended it to be way shorter, but along the way it developed in something way bigger and there's so much still to come. Thank you so much for sticking with me, for your votes, for your wonderful comments, they mean a lot! I've got the best readers.

So let's see how things are between Keira and Seb after the drama with David. Will this have brought them closer or pulled them further apart? Let me know what you think :)

When Keira woke up the next morning she couldn't even remember how she got back to her hotel room. Her head felt uncomfortably heavy and when she rubbed her eyes they were feeling puffy. She didn't understand why she felt this bad, but when she closed her eyes again images of the night before started to flow back into her head. A feeling of panic was rising again and she was glad that there was nobody else in the room to see her. David. That was all she could think about, he had found her and she was sure he wasn't going to let her get away again that easily. She knew she had to tell her friends, as they could maybe also become a target now and deep down she knew that it was only fair to tell her friends as well. They had been such a great support and without them she surely would still be with David, they had done so much for her.

When she turned on her side to grab her phone, her eyes caught a piece of paper that was laying on her bedside table. Curiously she stretched out her arm and grabbed what turned out to be a note. She recognised that handwriting immediately and her heart started to beat faster. Her lips curved into a smile when her eyes followed the lines that were written down, her nerves were fading away slowly and when she was done reading, she kept staring at the piece of paper in her hands.

Hi, it's me, Seb,

I'm not really sure what to do, so that's why I'm writing this. At this moment you are sleeping, with your arms wrapped around the second pillow and that looks rather adorable. However, that's not what I wanted to say. I'm not even sure what I wanted to write to be honest, but I couldn't just leave without saying anything. You were in such a state this evening and even getting you back to here took some effort. When you fell asleep on me on that bench outside I didn't want to wake you, so we sat out there for quite some time. I froze my butt off, but that doesn't really matter of course. You said all kind of things in your sleep, but I couldn't make any sense of it, other than that it probably weren't very nice thoughts. I don't know if you remember anything from last night, or if you want to remember, but you don't have to worry about David. I'll be here to protect you and I won't let him get close to you, even if it's the last thing I have to do. Also, I'm sorry that I had to put you in bed with your clothes on, but I didn't want to wake you. I've carried you up the stairs and I was sure you were going to wake up then, but you slept through that amazingly. Finding your key in your bag took some time, why do women always have so much stuff in their bag? Anyway, I'm glad you're sleeping now. I could watch you sleep forever, you know? Wait, that sounded creepy, forget that. I just want to be sure you're ok, to be there if you need me. Oh well, I'm going to end this now as it's late and I don't make any sense. I hope you feel better when you wake up in the morning and I'll see you at the track.

Love,

Seb

He was such a dork and that's why she loved him. Even without knowing who had written the note, she would have known instantly, nobody else just wrote down what he was thinking like Seb. With a sigh she put down the note and turned her head to the window. It seemed like it was going to be a decent day today and she was glad that within in a short time she could focus her attention on work again. When she was working she barely had any time to think about something else and she could really use that right now. She picked up her phone to see what the time was and she was surprised that it was still very early. For some reason she had woken up before her alarm, but it was too late to go back to sleep now, she was already awake. She also saw she had received messages from Macy and Minttu, but she wasn't ready yet to deal with them. She would read them later and then deal with them when she saw them, she knew she owed them an explanation. Maybe it was time to come clean with her past, even thought she was afraid the girls would start to treat her differently. She ran her fingers through her hair and then stretched her back, while looking across the room. It being this early meant that back in the UK it wasn't even midnight yet, so it was worth a try to see if Abby and Tom were still up. They had all gotten a Skype premium account, so they could video call with each other, as that was the closest they could get to hanging out with each other nowadays.