Chapter 55: Implications

Hey guys, I want to thank you all for making it past the 1K votes for this story! I appreciate all the feedback and support you guys have given me over the past few months and it makes me so happy to see that other people enjoy the story :) I'm sorry that this update took a bit longer, but I've been so busy! I hHave been to the Spanish GP last race and today is currently my last day in Ireland. I hope that when I'm home I can update more regularly again! :D

The private plane kept Keira's mind off everything and she happily questioned the pilot about everything. It made her feel like herself again and she almost forgot about why she even was on this plane. Almost. They way Minttu kept looking at her every few minutes returned that sinking feeling in her stomach and it made it hard to concentrate on her conversation. The fact that she was on a plane made it impossible to escape the situation and that was frightening her more than she would admit, although it didn't make any sense. Somewhere in the dark corners of her mind a forcefully forgotten memory made its unwelcome return. The fear accompanied by that memory also returned and her body turned cold in response. Closed doors, eyes following her, no way out of the situation, nothing that could protect her.

'Keira, are you alright?' the pilot asked when he noticed Keira's wide eyes and the look on her face as if she had seen a ghost.

'Yes, I'm fine,' she responded immediately, but the way her voice sounded higher than normal gave away that she was not telling the truth.

'We are not going in to land for another 15 minutes at least, so maybe you should lie down for a bit,' the pilot suggested and concern was visible on his face.

Keira was only half focussing on what he was saying, she was desperately looking for a way out. Only whenever she was looking out of the window, the only thing she could see was sky and nothing that would look like solid ground. The door was closed, there was no escape, like so many times before. She felt herself starting to tremble and images of the past turned her vision blurry. Then she was back there, back where she promised herself never to end up again.

A dark room, which she never even knew existed, her bag torn out of her hands and her back slammed against the wall. The voices of other students in the hallway, sounding cheerful and free. Then she felt his hands on her body, needily making their way under her clothes, not caring to be gentle. His body pushed against hers, making it hard to breath being pinned between him and the wall. A button popped from her shirt when it was forcefully opened and it rolled away on the ground, taking her hope of this ending soon with it. His teeth on her breasts, making her eyes well up with tears. A cry from pain when her nipples were next, but a strong hand was placed over her mouth making the sound go no further than her throat. Her skin raw and red from him compellingly rubbing his stubble against all parts of her body, along with sickening words escaping from his lips. Whenever she showed the tiniest bit of discomfort or moving away from what he was trying next, it earned her even more pain. A blow to the head, just there were no one would notice. Nails scratching on her skin, leaving deep red marks her shirt would hide from the world. He limbs bend in ways they weren't intended to, making it hard for her to use them normally during the day. The sound of him undoing his belt, resulting in her to prepare for even more pain and dejection.

'Keira, Keira, wake up!' Minttu's voice sounded far away, but the urgency in it wasn't lost.

Blinking a few times with her eyes, Keira was brought back to the present, although still confused. Minttu's face took shape again and she realised she was on the ground, as the face was hovering above her. She didn't remember how she ended up here, but the cold sweat on her body made it impossible to forget what she had been experiencing just now. She had done so well the last weeks to forget about it all, to get on with her life and be the girl she wanted to be. Now the confidence was lost again, the rollercoaster of emotions she had felt since she had found out the truth about Seb and Hanna had taken its toll on her. It showed her she was still the same girl David had turned her into, the same pathetic girl who wasn't important to everyone.