Chapter 35: Closer

With a sigh she looked on her watch, Seb had been gone for a long time. He was only getting drinks, so she didn't know what was taking him this long. Maybe he had met a few people he knew and he was held up, that happened regularly with him being a famous racing driver and stuff. She leaned back in her chair and listened with half an ear to the conversation between Abby and Tom. She suddenly felt a bit tired and put her nose in the air to let the breeze waken her up a bit. It helped a little and she smiled when she thought about the perfect day she had had. Her eyes then suddenly felt on a figure who had approached the Italian group next to her, she recognised him immediately and their eyes locked.

With a smile on his face he excused himself from the group and walked over to where Keira and her friends were sitting. 'Hi,' he said and he grabbed the back of one of the chairs, leaning on it casually. 'You look beautiful tonight.'

Tom grinned and nudged Abby. 'You're not the first one to tell her that tonight,' he said to the guy standing next to them.

Keira gave Tom her deadliest glare and mouthed that he shouldn't get involved.

Fernando didn't seem to mind and he only chuckled. 'At least I do something about it,' and he winked at Keira.

She felt her heart starting to race and it almost seemed like he knew about Seb, but that was impossible. She hadn't brought Seb up at all last night and she was sure she was just imagining things. With her attention focused on his hair, which made him look like a model when the wind was playing with it like this, she thought about their kiss last night. Two kisses, if she wanted to be correct and seeing his lips again and his dark brown eyes made her a bit shy.

Fernando had noticed her staring at his lips and shot her a mischievous smile. 'Do you want to dance?' he asked with a little bow and he held out his hand as an invitation. 'We can repeat last night if you want?'

'I'm sorry, but she was just going to dance with me. Weren't you Keir?' Seb had suddenly appeared out of nowhere and was now standing next to Fernando. If looks could kill, Fernando would have been dead at least ten times by now.

Confused by Seb's sudden appearance she looked from Seb to Fernando and back to Seb again. 'Was I?' she answered vaguely as she was thinking about the fact Fernando hadn't been surprised to see Seb at all. It even looked like he had expected him to show up and that confused her even more.

'Come on,' Seb grabbed Keira's hand and pulled her out of her chair. He seemed a bit drunk and he was giggling when he almost tripped on a chair. 'Sorry,' he said with puppy eyes as he almost had made Keira fell to the ground as well.

'Sorry, next time,' was the only thing she could quickly say to Fernando before Seb had pulled her away. Fernando was not really looking happy, but she was here with Seb this evening so he had to wait.

Seb had pulled Keira to the bar and ordered them both a few shots. He challenged her to finish them before him and he was surprised when she actually did. Feeling the alcohol spread through their bodies Seb manoeuvred them both through the crowd until they were in the middle of the dance floor. He almost fell again as he pulled Keira closer to him.

'Seb, what's going on?' she asked grinning and helped him stay on his feet. 'You're drunk.'

'You are. I am not,' he giggled and he made her do a pirouette. 'Let's just dance,' he yelled in her ear.

She decided to just go along with it as this happy Seb was a lot better than the gloomy Seb, she thought. When a song started they both knew she threw her hands in the air and let herself go, not caring about anything else in the world. She was here to enjoy herself and when Seb came a bit closer to dance with her, she smiled and grabbed his hands.