Chapter 39: Preparations

It's time to find out Seb's side of the story, right? :)

It was dark when he woke up and an aching pain in his back made him realise that he wasn't laying comfortably in his bed. A heavy weight on his chest confirmed that suspicion and when he looked down he could see the long brown hair of Keira spread across his torso. Damn it, they had done it again. Just like the last time they had watched a film together on her bed, they had fallen asleep in that position. However that time they had woken up before it was actually time to go to bed and he had made it back to his own room for the night. This time it had been considerably later, because they had gone out in the town for drinks with a few others. It had been a lot of fun and the last time to relax before having to focus on next race weekend again and maybe Keira had a bit more to drink than she had wanted to. She had been a lot happier though and she had kept making all kind of inappropriate jokes to anyone they had encountered on their way back to the hotel. In the end they hadn't been able to stop laughing and not wanting to already say goodbye to her he had invited her back to his room to watch another film.

Trying not to wake her he moved her carefully to the pillow that was laying next to him and cracked his neck as it had gone rather stiff. How had they ended up like this again? This time they also were in his own room, so he wasn't able to sneak out now. He looked at the peaceful sleeping girl and it was for the first time that he could really look at her without having to be afraid that she would catch him staring. She looked beautiful even when she was sleeping and the fact that he could wake her was the only thing that kept him from stroking her hair. There was no point in denying that he liked her anymore, although he had tried his hardest not to. He had slipped up so many times over the past few days that even she must have noticed it, he thought. It was dangerous territory, he knew that and it took a lot of self control to not just kiss her whenever he saw her. He knew he had fucked up, just as Fernando had told him, but there was no going back now.

With a sigh he cursed himself for fucking everything up and he cautiously got out of bed, while making sure not to wake Keira. In the bathroom he stared at himself in the mirror and noticed that he really should shave as he now looked almost like a tramp. He had done rather well to add even more pressure on himself, as now focussing on the championship was even harder. Also he knew Fernando would do anything to get to him and he hated to think that he would be able to win Keira over and tell her that one thing he couldn't do himself. Cursing at his reflection he took off his clothes and turned the shower on.

After taking a very long shower he made his way back to the bedroom. He was only wearing some clean boxers as he had forgotten to bring something else to wear. Normally he slept in his underwear, but he obviously was not able to do that now as Keira was also sleeping in his bed. He quickly slipped on some sweatpants and decided that a shirt was not necessary. Before he stepped into the bed he made sure that the sheets were covering Keira fully as he didn't want her to get cold. She moaned a little when he pulled up the sheets to her face and it made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. These things didn't help at all to not overstep the line and do things that could so easily upset her, or a lot of other people. With the scent of her hair still lingering in the air when he laid down next to her made him want to pull her close against his body. Control yourself, he told himself and he turned over so that he was now facing away from her.

Sunlight was peering through the window and it woke Keira up, clearly she had forgotten to close the curtains. She opened her eyes and immediately noticed this wasn't her room, as everything was mirrored. Still confused she turned over and almost got an heart attack as there was someone else in the bed. With her heart thumping she relaxed somewhat when she recognised the blonde hair of Sebastian. Although it raised another question, why on earth was she in his bed? She quickly lifted the sheets and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that she was still fully dressed. However that raised another question, why was she sleeping in her clothes anyway? When she looked sideways at Seb she could see he definitely wasn't wearing his clothes as the sheets had slipped off him, exposing his shirtless body. Damn, he really was gorgeous, she thought and her stomach twitched in agreement.