Chapter Two

Thank you zoe0216 for the beautiful cover!

Chapter Two

When the three of us get into Jordyn's car the next morning, I get weird looks from Casey.

"What?" I asked, trying to get her to stop looking at me like I've grown two extra heads.

"What's with the fancy look?" She questioned, still giving me the same look.

"I have presentations today," I answered, now looking at her like she's crazy. I told her about this weeks ago. She mouths 'oh' and starts piddling with her phone. Now her reaction is making me think I overdid it in trying to look professional today.

I decided to curl my hair so maybe that's where I went too far. But one of my presentations decides my fate for the rest of the semester. There's not much of a semester left, I have one more class left and then the final, but this presentation decides whether or not I can be exempt from the class and the final.

My professor said if we manage an A on the presentation he'll email us that we're free. I really need to nail it because then I'll have one less final to study for.

For my other one, I'm not so lucky. But half my grade relies on it, so I also need to ace it.

Good luck, am I right?

When my final class of the day ends, I immediately walk to the coffee shop and once I'm inside, I get in the line. I could really use some caffeine after today, and I still need to study.

I need this semester to end or I'm convinced I'm going to die.

Jordyn takes my order and I sit at the counter. I begin studying immediately and barely notice when she places my drink in front of me.

About an hour into my study session, I suddenly remembered I need to check my email to see if I did well on my presentation.

When I read the email I nearly screamed from the excitement. I got an A! Now I don't have to worry about studying for that final. Thank God.

Eventually my brain dies from all the information I'm trying to cram into it and I put away all of my things. Casey notices and hands me the sharpie with a wink.

We fall into our routine and the three of us chat about what we went through today.

Casey is about to tell us about this crazy customer she had to deal with before the two of us came today, but then she falls silent. Jordyn rolls her eyes and walks over to the other end of the counter to make a drink for another customer.

Casey stares at the door and I look back to see what's got her attention. A pretty attractive guy walks up to the counter and quickly tells Casey his order and his name.

I grab a cup and write it down, and just to be funny, I spell it wrong. On social media everyone complains about their names being spelled wrong and sometimes I'll do it to easy names just for laughs.

Casey makes his drink and he quickly leaves without even a thank you, continuing the conversation he was having on the phone.

"There goes another one, just Casey's type, hot and rude," Jordyn jokingly announced as she passed by us to grab a cup. I laugh and Casey elbows Jordyn while telling her to shut up.

He was pretty cute, I'll admit.

When their shifts finally end, we finally head back to the apartment and I immediately shower like I always do when I come home.

Once that's done, I go out to the living room and sit down on the couch next to Casey who is currently ordering pizza.

"Yes, definitely extra cheese and pepperoni, and on the other one can you do extra mushrooms? And then can I get the cheesy breadsticks and the regular breadsticks. Yes I want the two for one on both. No, I'm not eating four things of breadsticks and two large pizzas on my own. Thank you!" By the end, I'm laughing and she looks at me and then starts laughing too.

Jordyn comes in not too much later and sits on the other side of Casey. She grabs the remote and pulls up Netflix on the tv. We scroll through for a few minutes and decide on a cheesy romance that we can watch together.

When the pizza comes, we stuff our faces while crying to the sappy love story playing. And when that one is over, we watch another.

We love a good girls night.