Chapter Twenty Seven

I lead him into my room so we can talk privately and my nerves are skyrocketing.

There's no way this talk can be good. He's probably going to want to end things because of what I said and the fact I said it way too fast.

I mean, I like Brendan, a lot. But I don't think I'm at the point where I actually, you know, love him.

And I find myself frantically explaining just that to him without even realizing it.

"Alice, calm down. It's okay," he finally interrupted my ramble. I immediately stop talking and stand there, looking anywhere but at his face.

What he does next surprises me. He pulls me into a hug and holds it for a while. I eventually reciprocate and wrap my arms around his torso. His embrace seems to immediately calm me down and I relax, my nerves melting away with a simple hug.

We stay there a little longer than we probably should have and then head back out to the living room. While we were gone, they set it up for a cozy movie night with Jordyn and Iris cuddled on the couch and Casey on the armchair. With them taking the furniture, Brendan and I are stuck with the spot they set up on the floor.

I grab us some chinese food from the kitchen and join him on the floor.

We all spend the night watching movies and eating.

Eventually, Jordyn and Iris went into Jordyn's room and Casey is now fast asleep on the armchair. Somehow I'm still awake, but I think it's only because I don't want to fall asleep and miss any time with Brendan.

Maybe I don't love him yet, but I do think I will in the future.