Chapter Three

Thank you @abigdumbbitxh for the beautiful cover!

Chapter Three

I wake up with a foot and pizza crust on my face. I quickly push the foot off and toss the crust onto a random pizza box. I try getting up without waking up either of them and I manage to successfully do so. I quietly walk to my room and go over to charge my dead phone that somehow ended up inside my leggings just under my knee.

I turn it on and see that it's eight o'clock. And then I do a double take.

I ran into the living room screaming. "Wake up! We're gonna be late!"

Jordyn and I both have a nine a.m. class together and Casey has her spinning class at the gym then, too.

They both get up and I hurry back into my room so I can change into some presentable clothes. Once I'm changed and have taken care of hygiene, I grab my bag and phone and head into the living room.

The two of them enter soon after and we all head out to Casey's car. She drops us off at the university and drives off.

We manage to get to our class with a few minutes to spare and I sigh in relief once I'm sitting in the chair. But when I go to check my phone, it dies.

Shit.

The rest of the day pretty much goes by just like the morning. When I went to eat lunch, I managed to drop salsa on my jeans, and the stain didn't come out. Later on, I ripped the same jeans when they got caught on a door frame, so now there's a flap on the side, nearly showing my underwear.

I also stepped on gum on my way to the coffee shop.

Now I'm sitting in a booth studying, hoping nothing else happens here.

Luckily tomorrow is my last day of classes and then the weekend will grace me with its beauty and I can relax before finals.

After a while of endless studying, I decided to get into the short line and order. I can feel myself fading fast.

"You look like shit, Al," Casey bluntly stated when I got up to the counter.

"Thanks," I replied, not amused.

When she hands me my drink, I turn to go back to my table and nearly run into a person behind me.

"I'm so sorry," I quickly apologized to the person. When their face registers in my mind, I realize it's the cute guy from yesterday. Without a word, he walks away and I hear him respond to whoever he's talking to on the phone.

Okay, that was rude.

I quickly made sure I didn't spill any coffee on my clothes, because that is the last thing I needed today. When I see I'm all clear, I head back to my table and continue to study.

I cannot wait to go home and sink into my bed, today has been quite stressful.