Chapter Twelve

Another thank you to -reverie for both covers she made! They're beautiful!

Chapter Twelve

"You've got this!" Jordyn whispered to me a vote of confidence as Casey pushed me towards Brendan. Nerves practically take over my entire body and all I can do is nervously smile at him.

He must be cool, calm, and collected, though, because he speaks with such confidence, "you ready?"

When he said that, my nerves completely spiked. I've never been so nervous in my life and I have no idea why I am. All I know about this guy is his name and that according to Casey and Jordyn, he's nice.

What have I gotten myself into?

Realizing I'm leaving him without an answer, I manage to work out a nod and he moves towards the door, opening it for me.

As we walk out, I can hear the two of them squealing from inside the shop as he leads me to what I'm assuming is his car. He opens the passenger seat for me and I'm a little taken aback. No one's ever opened a car door for me and it's honestly kind of strange.

I guess he's just trying to show off?

"Your friends seem more excited about this than you do," he pointed out as he started the car.

"Yeah, they love setting me up on dates," I answered. And immediately regret it. Number one rule of dating is not letting them know about any other people you've dated, or at least that's what Casey tells me. In my defense, I haven't even been on a date since sophomore year of my undergraduate degree, so I feel like I should get a free pass.

The car ride is silent, I just stare out the window as we head into the city. He doesn't even have music playing.

After a few blocks, he finally parks and I make a point to get out of the car before he can open the door for me. Like I said, I don't really like it.

Shock strikes me when I register where we are.

Pretty Boy just earned some brownie points by taking me to my favorite restaurant ever. I bet Jordyn told him when she set up the date. Even if she did, who cares. I'm happy now.

When we get inside and are seated, he seems a little nervous, "this is probably one of my favorite places, I thought it would be good to come here so you can get to know what I like a little."

"Seriously? I love this place too!" I responded a little too enthusiastically. But his surprise and relief tells me it wasn't too much.

That seems to break the ice between us, because while we eat, we chat about pretty much everything. I tell him about school and how I'm almost done, and he tells me about his job.

Honestly, I'm pretty bummed when we return to the coffee shop, because that means it's over.

"Thank you for tonight, I had fun," I admitted to him once we were parked.

"Me too, thanks for coming," he responded, a hint of a smile on his face. I return the smile and tell him to have a good night before leaving the car and entering the shop.

When I'm inside, Jordyn and Casey are sitting at a table with expectant looks on their faces and three cups of coffee sitting on the table. I join them and tell them everything.

It was probably the best date I've ever been on.