Chapter Seven

A huge shout out to citied for all three covers she made for this story! They are wonderful!

Chapter Seven

"So, how are finals going?"

"Good so far, I only have two left, which I'm happy about," I answered with relief clear in my voice.

"Lucky, I have three left," Iris replied. She takes a sip of her coffee and continues, "what are your plans for winter break?"

"I don't know, I think I'm just going to stay here, hang out with Casey," I answered with a shrug.

"No plans to go home?" She asked.

"No, not really," I responded, my voice tapering off. I never go home during breaks, so this one isn't going to be any different.

Before Iris can say anything else, the door chimes and I look back to see Pretty Boy walk in. He walks up to the counter and waits a second before looking over to me.

"Is anyone working here?" he asked, making direct eye contact with me. Whoa, dude.

"I think Casey went to the bathroom, but Alice here can take care of you," Iris answered him, happiness filling her tone. I look at her and she just smiles. Casey told Iris all about him last night when she was at the apartment. She practically forced me to admit I thought he was attractive.

It wasn't that hard, but I didn't want to.

I go behind the counter and write a new version of his name, choosing Brandon from the list I boredly made last night to procrastinate from studying. I make his drink and allow him to pay after handing it to him. He leaves with a thank you, have a nice day, and Iris sits there, beaming.

"Girl, you better snatch him up," she exclaimed, then went back to studying. I roll my eyes and go back around the counter to take my seat. Then Casey finally comes from the bathroom, oblivious that she missed his daily visit.

I suddenly regret barely saying anything to him. All I said was 'you too' when he told me to have a nice day.

I apparently really need to work on my social skills.