Chapter Eighteen

Cover by: annashappy

Chapter Eighteen

It's two days before Christmas and I have my flight home to Florida in a few hours. Casey is thrilled I'm going home and thinks that this week will be life changing and soul-healing.

Life changing, maybe. Soul-healing, highly doubtful.

Brendan and I have hung out a few more times since I agreed to go home, and it's been really nice. I know it's early, but I really feel like the two of us could work.

Maybe I'm just thinking too far ahead, but I'm hopeful. So far he's made me really happy. I look forward to seeing him at the shop every day and we've been on some really nice dates.

The best one was the one a couple of days ago where we went to an art showing in Brooklyn. Any time I think about it, a smile seems to make its way to my face.

Sadly, I haven't seen him since because he went to his home town for Christmas the next morning.

"Al! We need to leave now if you're gonna get to the airport in time!" Casey yelled from the living room, snapping me out of my daze.

I let out a long sigh and grab my suitcase, as well as my backpack with stuff I know I'll want on the plane.

Before I completely change my mind and decide to stay, I leave my room and follow Casey downstairs to the taxi she called. She's also flying home, and luckily, we grew up in the same town, so I'll have her to go to if things get rough at home.

The airport is insanely busy and we barely make it to the gate in time, but we manage. Thank God.

Alright, Alice, time to finally go home. You got this.

I hope.