Chapter Eleven

Thank you -reverie for the awesome cover!

Chapter Eleven

"Ugh, I don't think I can do this," I groaned after looking in the mirror. They helped me choose my outfit and I did my makeup based on it. Casey did my hair.

"You got this, girl! When was the last time you even went on a date?" Jordyn tries to give a vote of confidence, it doesn't work.

"Jordyn!" Casey defended for me, "but wasn't your last date during your sophomore year with, um, who was it? Ethan?"

"Oh my God!" I can't believe them right now.

"Oh yeah! Ethan! God he was so weird. Good thing we set this one up, Al, you're not that great at picking dates," Jordyn added, not making it any better.

"Okay, she's gonna be late," Casey cut in, "now we just have to get shoes and you'll be ready!"

They both begin looking and Jordyn eventually chooses a pair of brown leather ankle boots to go with my outfit. I put them on and grab my coat, but I know it'll be useless since they got me to wear a skirt and a blouse. It is cute though, but I'll probably freeze.

They drive me to the coffee shop in Casey's car. This morning they decided they would drop me off and wait there until the end of the date so we could go over all the details during a late night coffee session.

When we get there, dread and nervousness flood my body and I decide right then to not get out of the car. But Casey seems to have other plans because she literally pulls me out and into the shop. I quickly look around to see he's not here and a small amount of relief calms me down.

That is, until the bell on the door chimes and I make the mistake of turning to look.

He stands there, tall, and living up to the name Casey gave him. Pretty Boy.

What have I gotten myself into?

"You ready?" Are the words that come from him that basically seal my fate. And the smile that comes with them astonishes me.

I guess crazy things really can happen.