Chapter Seventeen

Cover by: annashappy

Chapter Seventeen

I receive texts all day from Casey and Jordyn asking if I'm okay. They just so happened to see me come home crying last night, and I wish I waited until I got into my room to let myself cry, but it started the moment I got out of the parking lot.

All day, I've been in bed just binging Netflix, trying to keep my mind off of, well, everything. My family, school, Brendan.

It's hard, but I'm managing.

That is, until he texts me telling me that Jordyn told him I was going through some family issues and let me know he's there for me if I ever need to talk.

Very sweet, but no.

I can't tell him about my problems. I mean, when I was comfortable enough to tell Ethan when we were dating, he basically laughed in my face and told me to get over myself. I never spoke to him again.

God, he was such an asshole. Why didn't I see it back then? It wasn't only that, but other things too. He only cared about himself.

But that's besides the point. I can't tell Brendan in fear that he'll do the exact same thing.

I've enjoyed my short time with him and I want to hold onto that for as long as I can. I'm scared that if I tell him anything about myself he'll just lose interest.

What really puts the cherry on top of my pity party is when my mother texts me once again asking for me to come home. Only this time, she says my sister has very important news she wants to share with the entire family, and that I need to be there.

Of course there's a reason she needs me, why wouldn't there be. They always have an ulterior motive when it comes to me. I hate it.

Yet, in that second I do something that I can't take back.

I respond back letting her know that I'll be there with a simple 'fine'.

Oh, if only it were that simple.