the past

Both you and Nishinoya turned to look at the entrance, only to see Tooru there.

"Tooru...?"

"W-What are you doing here again?! Didn't I tell you that you are dirtying the school?!" Nishinoya growled at the taller male.

Tooru didn't say anything at first as he gave Nishinoya his signature smile. His smiles slowly disappearing as he walked towards you and Nishinoya. Neither you nor Nishinoya have any idea what Tooru was up to. As the distance between the both of you and Tooru shortens, he looked at Nishinoya.

"What are you looking at-..."

Just before Nishinoya finished whatever he was about to say, Tooru pushed him away as he stood infront of you. "Didn't you just ask me on a date two days ago?" With a hurt expression, he locked his eyes into yours. "Don't tell me that you are just planning to waste my time. Or worse, hurt my feelings more.." Tooru grabbed onto your shoulders.

Nishinoya who was pushed aside stared at the situation in anger. Burning aura which appears around him could be felt by both you and Tooru. Tooru did not give any reaction to it. You on the other hand start feeling uncomfortable. 

"(First name) Chan~ Lets go already!! I don't have much time okay? Though I don't mind if it is being spend on you and just you alone!" Tooru ignores Nishinoya's intense aura as he add more fuel to the fire. Tooru began to drag you away from Nishinoya but.... you did not budge on bit. Slowly, Tooru turns to face you. "(First name) Chan?"

You shook your head slowly before giving Tooru a slight smile. "Sorry, Tooru. Nishinoya, please don't get me wrong. I'm only asking him out cause I need to know some truth!" You looked at Nishinoya whose intense aura doesn't seem to get any lower.

"N-Nishinoya...?"

"....."

"Nishinoya?" In a louder voice, you called out to him.

"......"

Seeing no difference in Nishinoya, you shrugged. You were hesitant at first but you still took a few rather deep breathes. "Y-Yu...!!"

Nishinoya slowly looked at you, a faint tint of red slowly making its way across his cheeks. With the usual cheerfulness and hype he has, Nishinoya leans closer to you. "S-Say it again!!" He flashed a smile. A smile that can literally dragged you into his world to be exact.

You wasn't expecting such a reaction, especially since you only called his name to grab his attention. Well, it did managed to grab his attention in one way or another. You looked away from him and shrugged. Unfortunately, the way you turned to was where Tooru was standing. Tooru was not giving a smile nor a smirk. He was rather pissed and it was obvious. "If I knew this would happen..." Tooru muttered softly to himself as he slowly walk away. 

You couldn't let him go as your mind is still filled with unanswered things. Not meaning any harm, you called out Tooru's name. "Wait, Tooru! Don't go yet! I still have a lot to ask you! That's the reason why you are here... right..?" Tooru immediately stopped walking, his back still facing you and Nishinoya. You then turned to face Nishinoya. "D-Don't get me wrong okay..? You can hear us too, if Tooru allows it that is." You let out a soft smile before heading towards the somewhat frozen guy a few metres away.

Letting out a sigh, Tooru looked at Nishinoya. "Fine.. You can listen if you want. (First name), its really sad knowing that you're breaking the promise from years ago.."

You were confused. 'Years ago? What is he talking about..?'  Nishinoya just stares at Tooru, just in case that trash suddenly make a move on you.

--

A few years ago

"(FIRST NAME)! What are you doing? You do know that the interhigh is soon right? I can't afford to be out of shape now."