Prologue

"I really, really, really owe you one, Bandile," Kefira Walsh grinned over in the direction of her uncle as they sat outside on the front porch of the Walsh home. "I thought Mum was going to end up going completely bonkers, which she did....but I thought it was going to last a lot longer."

"You don't owe me anything, Kefi," Bandile said. "But you have to understand why they would worry about something like that. They care about you so much and as we both know, the world of magic can be quite frightening to muggles."

"To muggles? The world of magic is frightening to anyone who can feel fear," Kefira told him. "I mean, this past year...the past four years, it's a wonder I'm not dead with half the scenarios I've gotten myself into."

Bandile chuckled before patting the girl on the shoulder.  "Try not to say that any louder because if they hear that, I won't be able to save you a second time. Are you sure about everything that happened in the final task?"

Kefira nodded. "They said he was dead.  I even heard a rumor going about that Harry said Voldemort-"

She saw the man's eyes widened. "Sorry-"

"No, don't be sorry," Bandile chuckled. "It's good that you don't hold fear over the name. There are many adults who wouldn't even dare to mouth it. But what did you hear?"

"I heard them say that Harry said he was back and that Cedric was dead. But then Cedric was alive and now I'm just confused."

Bandile sat for a few moments in silence looking out before he glanced over at the girl. She was rubbing her hand over where her heart was with a look of discomfort on her face.

"Are you alright there?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright," Kefira answered. "I just...I don't want to think about Hogwarts or the Triwizard Tournament anymore. Fourth year has been short of a nightmare this year, I'm just glad for the summer."

"Well, I promise this will be one of the best summers you've ever experienced. There's plenty of places for you to see and plenty of people that I want you to meet."

"Okay, that sounds good and all, but we're going to the school right? I want to see the other place...you know, see how it measures up to ol' Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts."

"Yes, I already promised you that we were going, how many times are you going to bring it up?" He laughed.

"Listen, I'm not dropping it until we actually get to the school," Kefira told him. "And then maybe...just maybe, I'll let it go."

"Trust me when you figure out what we're going to be up to this summer, you won't even remember the name of the school," Bandile said. "Now let's head back inside, I know your family wants to spend some time with you before we go. Your dad never shuts up about you when you're gone and I'm visiting."

"That's because I'm amazing, Bandile, the sooner you figure that out, the sooner everything will make sense."

"Get inside!" He said pushing her towards the door. "Conceited thing that you are!"

"It's not considered conceited if it's true!"

"Cardel, we need to talk about your little lion here! I think she developed a rather big head during the school year!"

"Why do you keep rubbing your sides like that?" Bandile asked the teen as the two of them stood side by side.

"Because I'm in pain, did you see how hard my mother was squeezing me? I think she might have broken one of my ribs," Kefira groaned as she continued rubbing her right side.