Chapter Fourteen

While Kefira didn't seem the least bit phased about attending Potions, Neville found himself nervous. Not so much for himself but for Kefira's sake, after all, she had sent Professor Snape a Howler during the summer and sent back the school supplies that he had sent her. She definitely wasn't starting off the year on the right foot with him, but if Neville really thought about it, Kefira never started off on the right foot with Professor Snape. But he was confused by the Potions Master. For a man that seemed to despise the girl so much, he often did go out of his way for her, when he thought no one noticed. The boy was curious to see how the professor would react when they reached the classroom, although he certainly didn't expect a positive response. 

As soon as they entered the Potions classroom, it felt about ten degrees cooler than the average coldness that greeted them. However, it appeared somewhat worse because not only did Snape offer a nasty look in their direction upon entering, Seamus didn't look very pleased to see them either. After both of them had taken Harry's side in the matter, it seemed the Irish boy was extremely hurt that his friends didn't take his side right away. But as Kefira plainly put it before, she wasn't going to go with the side that was wrong. She only hoped that Seamus would come to his senses eventually.

Although, both Neville and Kefira felt bad about placing Dean in the awkward predicament of having to go back and forth. Obviously, he was much closer to Seamus but he didn't want to lose his friendship with the others as well. Kefira offered a sympathetic smile in Dean's direction before taking her seat beside Neville. If anything, Seamus and Dean were like the brothers she never had.  Over her lifetime with her sisters, she had gotten into plenty of fights with them where harsh things had been said. Of course, they stayed mad at each other for some time but it never long lasting. If she was as close to Seamus as she believed she was, she knew they would eventually get over the spat. 

For the time being, she had other important matters to attend to, especially as Professor Snape began talking.

"Settle down," he instructed them in a cold tone causing an eerie silence to fall upon the classroom. Kefira sighed, resting her chin in the palm of her hand and looking up at the professor. He obviously did not seem pleased about seeing her, but she decided to play coy and offered a smile in his direction.

He ignored her as he began discussing their examinations in June. It seemed like something that was far off, it was made note early on that it would determine plenty for their future classes.

"Moronic, though, some of this class, undoubtedly are, I expect all of you to scrape an "Acceptable" in your OWL or suffer my displeasure."

Kefira would have just continued ignoring his speech if it weren't for the fact that Professor Snape's eyes lingered on Neville as he spoke, making Neville gulp nervously beside her.

Neville was about to avert his gaze away from the intense stare of his professor, obviously noting that Professor Snape didn't give a rat's arse of what Uncle Algie had said in his part of the Howler, however, before he could look away a noise distracted the Potions Master. But it didn't only distract him but the entire class as well as a low, threatening growl emitted from Kefira. The girl had her eyes narrowed, looking awfully defensive as Professor Snape had once again tried to target Neville for no reason. 

The growl was threatening, to say the least as the entire class fell silent and focused on the girl. Neville quickly reached a hand out and placed it on her shoulder, to settle her down as it looked as though she was preparing herself to pounce. As soon as his hand came to rest on her shoulder, Kefira's face relaxed along with her body, but her eyes continued to stare down their professor until he looked away first.