Chapter Forty Seven

"Amato... Animo ...Animato... Animagus..." Kefira recited in her head during the morning while lying in her bed, preparing to get up as it was another day of O.W.L exams. It was the chant she was to recite daily while focusing her attention on the Mandrake leaf that she was currently switching to the left side of her mouth. Her right cheek felt raw from keeping it in the same spot overnight and her mouth felt so dry from using the dry-mouth spell several times to prevent herself from drooling all over her pillow while she slept. "Amato... Animo ...Animato... Animagus..."

The silent incantation she repeated over and over throughout the day was the final step along with the leaf, to complete her training. It left Kefira with a jittery and nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach, wondering how the first transformation would go. She hoped she had done everything properly, but there was always room for something to go wrong, even with the help she was receiving from Bandile and Professor McGonagall. But failure wasn't an option in Kefira's mind, she wanted to succeed. Not just for herself but for the sake of being able to assist in the way that was needed of her. 

She also didn't want to put up with people like Junior teasing her for not being able to get it the first time around. The man already had a big enough head as he, Thato, Sedi and Bandile had become animagi when they were young because they had attended Uagadou and she wanted to prove to them that someone from Hogwarts could do just the same, with less guidance. 

"Amato... Animo ...Animato... Animagus..." She continued to chant in her head as she finally pushed herself up from her bed and left to the showers to start getting ready for the day, completely unaware of how eventful the day was truly going to be. 

When she was showered and dressed, she headed down to find Neville waiting for her, sitting on the arm of an armchair with his forever patient look on his face. Kefira smiled as she walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Good morning," she greeted him. 

"Morning," he smiled in return. "You seem to be in a good mood this morning, did you look at the calendar and realize how close you are to being finished with all of this?"

"To be honest, I'm trying not to think about the end so much, because then that just means that it's time for me to see if all of my hard work has paid off. I'm kinda nervous that it won't, you know? I can't even imagine what Bandile would say if it didn't and I know he would be upset-"

"Why wouldn't it work? You've done everything that you were told to do, you been keeping up with the daily....stuff, right?" He glanced around the common room, making sure their conversation was remaining private. His eyes flickered to the fireplace for a moment before looking back to Kefira for an answer.

She nodded her head.

"Then you have nothing to be nervous about," Neville told her. "I know you're going to be able to do it. Bandile knows it too, that's why he offered the opportunity to you. I doubt he would have wasted his time if he didn't think you could do it."